Chet Baker first LP

sady42

Hi

I looking for information about the first album of Chet Baker distributed by Ray Lawerence LTD. Album under the title Jam Session Record no 103, 24 March 1952 year.

Is this album was released in 1954 after years again?

Yours

Marek

post-11830-1243364386_thumb.jpg

Edited by sady

Ray Lawrence released 4 LPs in the Jam Session series (numbers 100 thru 103). The sessions were recorded in 1952 and 53 at The Haig, Tradewinds Club and Rendezvous Ballroom. The artists include just about all of the West Coast Jazz players on the early 1950s, including Mulligan, Baker and Rogers. I have CDRs made from each of these 4 LPs. I also have scans of the LP covers I can email if you are interested. Anyone want to trade?

Ray Lawrence released 4 LPs in the Jam Session series (numbers 100 thru 103). The sessions were recorded in 1952 and 53 at The Haig, Tradewinds Club and Rendezvous Ballroom. The artists include just about all of the West Coast Jazz players on the early 1950s, including Mulligan, Baker and Rogers. I have CDRs made from each of these 4 LPs. I also have scans of the LP covers I can email if you are interested. Anyone want to trade?

I think this may be against boards policies.

If this is against board policies I withdraw my offer. Where can I find a list of board policies?

If this is against board policies I withdraw my offer. Where can I find a list of board policies?

:) there is no list... only last week a moderator got into bad trouble for starting a thread we must not speak about anymore.... the policy in this case is either "no trading/making available... of stuff which is under copyright in the US" or "no trading/making available... of stuff which is under copyright anywhere in the world" (both sound pretty reasonable to me) which doesn't mean your offer wasn't kind!

:) there is no list... only last week a moderator got into bad trouble for starting a thread we must not speak about anymore.... the policy in this case is either "no trading/making available... of stuff which is under copyright in the US" or "no trading/making available... of stuff which is under copyright anywhere in the world" (both sound pretty reasonable to me) which doesn't mean your offer wasn't kind!

These 4 LPs are over 50 years old and have not been reissued since then. How long do copyrights last- forever? or what?

These 4 LPs are over 50 years old and have not been reissued since then. How long do copyrights last- forever? or what?

In Europe, 50 years, until 'Love Me Do" and "PS I Love You" turn 50, at which time copyrights will not doubt be extended.

In the US, Mickey Mouse sets the limits. Copyrights will continue to be extended to cover Mickey Mouse, although there were a couple of Americans prior to Mickey Mouse who also made significant contributions.

That's copyright law in a nutshell. Stupid, I know, but that's how it works.

Edited by Teasing the Korean

In Europe, 50 years, until 'Love Me Do" and "PS I Love You" turn 50, at which time copyrights will not doubt be extended.

In the US, Mickey Mouse sets the limits. Copyrights will continue to be extended to cover Mickey Mouse, although there were a couple of Americans prior to Mickey Mouse who also made significant contributions.

That's copyright law in a nutshell. Stupid, I know, but that's how it works.

Are all LPs automatically copyrighted? The subject 4 LPs were issued by an individual (Ray Lawrence), not a company, with a small distribution. How do I find out if a copyright exists?