FREE Assembly of Dust / John Scofield Download!

taco42

Hey everyone,

While I'm a first and foremost a fan of John Scofield, I am also admittedly also a member of Assembly of Dust's street team. Forgive the intrusion. If you don't already know AOD they are giving away the track “Borrowed Feet” featuring John Scofield on their site http://www.aodust.com. It’s worth giving a listen to! AOD is giving away a new track every Tuesday until July 14th featuring artists like Jerry Douglas, Richie Havens, Mike Gordon, Al Schnier and more! Again sorry if this feels spammy but I was eager to share the news!

-Maressa

Hey everyone,

While I'm a first and foremost a fan of John Scofield, I am also admittedly also a member of Assembly of Dust's street team. Forgive the intrusion. If you don't already know AOD they are giving away the track “Borrowed Feet” featuring John Scofield on their site http://www.aodust.com. It’s worth giving a listen to! AOD is giving away a new track every Tuesday until July 14th featuring artists like Jerry Douglas, Richie Havens, Mike Gordon, Al Schnier and more! Again sorry if this feels spammy but I was eager to share the news!

-Maressa

sounds pretty good maressa. thanks for letting us know about that scofield track. also, i'm getting the feeling that if i was listening to this on a real speakers (ie: not my cheap computer speakers that came w/ the thing...) the drum sound on that track would be killer. sounds like they put some effort into that during the recording. and sco of course sounds great.

It still sucks.

not a scofield fan?

I am a member here and post my own spam. It doesn't amount to much. I do thank the members responding, just don't think it is a big deal.

Its not spam when you are a long-term member. Spam is a commercial message from a "street team"member or the like.

I've got no problem with the upfront pimping of work. After all, we're here at least in part to "spread the word", no? And that's really all this is, no tricks, no gimmicks, just upfront Badfinger (ie - if you want it, here it is, come and get it). More power to them that do it like that. No sense hiding your light under a bushel, etc.

It's the disingenuous "WOW! I just discovered the INCREDIBLE singer named Peenisia DeVajina. Talk about MELLOW!" etc...crap that bugs me.

Man up (in a non-gender-specific way, of course) and bring what you brung.

I don't mind board members sharing their discoveries with each other, and in particular sharing music they've created/produced etc.

I don't care for spam from people that have no interest in being a part of our community, in any form.

I've got no problem with the upfront pimping of work. After all, we're here at least in part to "spread the word", no? And that's really all this is, no tricks, no gimmicks, just upfront Badfinger (ie - if you want it, here it is, come and get it). More power to them that do it like that. No sense hiding your light under a bushel, etc.

It's the disingenuous "WOW! I just discovered the INCREDIBLE singer named Peenisia DeVajina. Talk about MELLOW!" etc...crap that bugs me.

Man up (in a non-gender-specific way, of course) and bring what you brung.

what he said.

i don't think this initial post in this thread is spam. this is mainly a jazz internet forum, right? this is the "artists" section of the forum, right? john scofield is a jazz artist, right? what's the problem?

and as far as wanting this board to only be welcoming to "people who want to be part of the community long term" or some nonsense, gimme a break. it's the fucking internet. some people stay, some people float through. this person started a thread about a jazz musician on a jazz forum. nothing spammy about it.