Stuff that no one else (on the board) would want

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My collection of Fall LPs and 12" would probably not have many takers on the board. They don't count though as I sold them...

(by the way, *never* sell, give away, trash or otherwise dispose of a 12" - they are very hard to replace!)

I was something of a Fall fan in the late 80s/early 90s. I too sold all my records.

Now, if I hear any Fall on the radio, I can't decide whether Mark E Smith was really shit, or the kind of genius/madman NME would have one believe.

When is someone going to drop the Zamfir or Yanni bomb on us? :w

Like Kenny Weir, I've never gone away from that 60s and 70s pop music either, and I've developed a strong liking and appreciation for doo wop.

I've got a bunch of heavy metal stuff, but I know there are some here that would want it.

Reading this thread I suspect I would find takers for everything I have on my bottom/hidden shelves inlcuding the easy listening which I am a sucker for on a Sunday afternoon.

Although if I had to pick it might be the Pilar Montenegro cd.

People%20En%20Espanol%20Annual%2050%20Mas%20Bellos%20Celebration%202eaxYrX9Ampl.jpg

I have most of Brel's albums and a fair bit of random Kishore Kumar and Asha Bhosle, but given what was posted before, some would want those. In addition, given Van Basten II's username, I suspect that my few Boudewijn de Groot CDs also don't fit the bill.

So...what about the three Britney Spears CDs I own? Dreadful catchy pop!

I have most of Brel's albums and a fair bit of random Kishore Kumar and Asha Bhosle, but given what was posted before, some would want those. In addition, given Van Basten II's username, I suspect that my few Boudewijn de Groot CDs also don't fit the bill.

We may have a winner! :lol:

We may have a winner! :lol:

It's a joke, Moosey :lol:

MG

My collection of Fall LPs and 12" would probably not have many takers on the board. They don't count though as I sold them...

(by the way, *never* sell, give away, trash or otherwise dispose of a 12" - they are very hard to replace!)

I was something of a Fall fan in the late 80s/early 90s. I too sold all my records.

Now, if I hear any Fall on the radio, I can't decide whether Mark E Smith was really shit, or the kind of genius/madman NME would have one believe.

I still think he's pretty good, though whether I need to be hearing the albums is another matter. I was consideing revisiting it all via the Peel box which is very cheap on UK amazon...

I have a couple of very badly recorded army band CDs (with yours truly buried in the messy sound on baritone sax)... I'm sure no one could actually survive even one full listen to any of those discs... (the show the sax section did on "Stayin' Alive", alas, isn't on the CD :g )

Nah, he'd be contemtuous because even by the low musical standards applied in that "genre" (they think they're the best though! Only professional musicians can be better than them, that's fersure!) these discs would be horrible... in addition, they're of horrible sound quality... but the Bee Gees shows was great, I tellya! :D