What's Happened To Something Else

Earlier in the year I read that Ashley Khan was working on a history of Blue Note called Something Else, and looking on Amazon UK it had a publishing date of 30th September.

But now all trace of it has disappeared, nothing on Amazon or Viking books site.

Does anybody know when it will be released, as I really fancy a copy?

• 2 years later...

Just realised that its been another two years since I posted this but still no book, at one time I even saw on the publishers website a mock up of the cover art (it looked unsurprisingly considering the title like Cannonball's album art)

Anyone here have any idea whatever happened to this book?

Yes that's what I thought but that page has been up for years with no change to the "Currently Not Available" box on the right of the page, so I don't think this has been ever released (also why no reviews anywhere of the book or listing on any other book selling sites).

Anybody else know anything about what's happened to what we can only imagine would be a very interesting book?

Yes that's what I thought but that page has been up for years with no change to the "Currently Not Available" box on the right of the page, so I don't think this has been ever released (also why no reviews anywhere of the book or listing on any other book selling sites).

Anybody else know anything about what's happened to what we can only imagine would be a very interesting book?

Sorry can't help you. The same thing happened to me with a Rem Koolhaus book on Shanghai where it was available for pre-order forever then finally cancelled. A year later someone claimed to be selling it on the internet, but then they wouldn't respond when I asked them what they were really selling. ;)

• 2 years later...

Please let us know if it turns up, but somehow I doubt it a book like this when its published would generate a lot of press attention and so far I've seen nothing so fingers crossed & I'm proved wrong.

I guess you are right. Although my preorder remains, now the book cannot be ordered from amazon uk.