Sports: 2009/10 NBA & NCAA Basketball Season

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS

Even if the Mamba won 25 rings, he will never be better than Magic

Truer words have never been spoken :tup

Magic was my favorite player. Bill Russell probably was my second favorite. Players play in their own eras, & I could never see the point of trying to compare players from different eras. Just my opinion.

"This Thursday LeBron James begins his free agency, and he's being courted by Chicago, Miami, Dallas, New Jersey and the L.A. Clippers. Of course, according to the NBA rules, those teams can only offer him $95 million over five years, while his current team, the Cleveland Cavaliers, can give him $125 million over six years, meaning we will soon have the answer to the eternal question: would anyone choose to live in Cleveland for $30 million?"

- Stephen Colbert

:rofl:

Amare Stoudemire just signed w/ the Knicks for 5 years and $100 million. I can't believe the Knicks are tying up that kind of money in a guy who has had micro-fracture surgery on not one but two knees. You would think they would have learned after all of their past signing busts. Eddy Curry, Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, ....

Amare Stoudemire just signed w/ the Knicks for 5 years and $100 million. I can't believe the Knicks are tying up that kind of money in a guy who has had micro-fracture surgery on not one but two knees. You would think they would have learned after all of their past signing busts. Eddy Curry, Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, ....

Stoudamire doesn't strike me as a guy who can create his own shots. With the Suns he had Steve Nash making sure he got the ball whenever he was open. Who's gonna do that on the present Knicks squad? And who will cover for him on the defensive end?

So, anything going on in the off-season?

ESPN might as well change its name to LEBRON. Talk about over the top.

This morning, Greenberg is pretty much openly and vigorously lobbying against LeBron going to Miami. He was giddy yesterday at the prospect of James going to the Knicks, and perfectly happy with the idea of him going Chicago. Now that it looks like Miami, Greenberg is droning on and on and on about how it will diminish LeBron's future accomplishments, how he's going to betray the people of Cleveland, etc. etc.

:rolleyes:

What a circus.

At the risk of sounding like the pot calling the kettle black, anyone who buys into this hyped-up nonsense either way, including portraying him as a villain, is part of the circus.

And Cleveland needs to get over itself. The guy has a right to go wherever he wants.

It was mainly Greenberg's transparently self-serving whining about James going to Miami (if that's what he's doing) that struck me as ... well, transparently self-serving whining. If James chooses to go to New York, I can almost guarantee that Greenberg will be singing his praises tomorrow morning, talking about what a brilliant decision it was.

Personally, I hope he takes up curling. :D

Cleveland fans already feel betrayed, since none of the big-name free agents have signed with the Cavs and LeBron didn't recruit so much as delay his decision until it was too late. He hamstrung the organization with this "circus." I imagine that makes him a villain to some no matter what.

If he joins Miami, in my opinion he's joining D.Wade's team, to operate under D.Wade's leadership as a proven winner, essentially demoting himself from his leadership role.

If he joins New York, his team will be about the 4th best in the East and perhaps no better than Chicago, with Boston, Orlando, and now Miami all looking stronger.

His best bet is to join the Clippers, where he'll have a young, balanced core of players far from those he betrayed in Cleveland.

Cleveland fans already feel betrayed, since none of the big-name free agents have signed with the Cavs and LeBron didn't recruit so much as delay his decision until it was too late. He hamstrung the organization with this "circus." I imagine that makes him a villain to some no matter what.

If he joins Miami, in my opinion he's joining D.Wade's team, to operate under D.Wade's leadership as a proven winner, essentially demoting himself from his leadership role.

If he joins New York, his team will be about the 4th best in the East and perhaps no better than Chicago, with Boston, Orlando, and now Miami all looking stronger.

His best bet is to join the Clippers, where he'll have a young, balanced core of players far from those he betrayed in Cleveland.

The whole thing has become a circus. Thank God there are so many clowns. David Stern must be eating his liver. This sort of ego driven, "it's all about me" self-absorbtion is why I have so much trouble liking the NBA.

That's five minutes of my life I'll never get back...

You're lucky. I tuned in for 20 minutes.

So does Miami become the odds on favorite to win it all?? I guess it all depends on who they can entice to come to Miami for the league minimum. I think at the very least they are a lock for the Eastern Conference finals.

The build-up for this announcement reminds me of the build-up for Evel Knievel's jump over the Snake River Canyon.

:D And you know, the end result might be about the same. Remember all the titles Dr. J & George McGinnis won together?