Brilliant Christmas Gift Ideas for Wives

BeBop

We're keeping it low-key this year, but that doesn't mean my wife isn't expecting a few things under the tree. (Actually, no tree: figurative "tree" only). I thought about that Mosaic Gift Certificate...but thought again.

I'd like to find something woman-focused, and there's plenty advertised in this category. But the distinction between what's advertised and what wives really want is sometimes pretty big. All these years in, I've done the jewelry, day spa, pedicure, day-out-for-the-girls, kitchen stuff, decorative items...

I really wanted to find something perfect-for-her and that shows how well I know her. That's why I've come to you guys.

We're keeping it low-key this year, but that doesn't mean my wife isn't expecting a few things under the tree. (Actually, no tree: figurative "tree" only). I thought about that Mosaic Gift Certificate...but thought again.

I'd like to find something woman-focused, and there's plenty advertised in this category. But the distinction between what's advertised and what wives really want is sometimes pretty big. All these years in, I've done the jewelry, day spa, pedicure, day-out-for-the-girls, kitchen stuff, decorative items...

I really wanted to find something perfect-for-her and that shows how well I know her. That's why I've come to you guys.

Nothing new to suggest, but it's hard to go wrong with doing the day spa again. You can always change or upgrade the package from the time before if you're concerned about repeating yourself. Think of it as how you keep going back to Mosaic and yet are happy you did. I think the spa works the same way. ;)

Without knowing her, that's a tough one. Last big gift I gave my wife was an iPod Nano for our anniversary, which she loves. This year we're not getting anything for each other since we're broke. :) But we have a beautiful tree, a beautiful home, three beautiful daughters, and lots of great friends so I've got absolutely no complaints.

Just a idea that I've exploited in the past and may again. She really like and is proud of where she lives. By picking something locally made or specific to the area, I sometimes come out better off than if I got something at the mall. (examples: non-precious jewelry, decorative items.) I suppose if she preferred where she grew up, I might got that route, but...

Thanks for the suggestions. I know I made it hard by not giving more clues, The iPod is really a nice gift in the sense that Apple will support her and I don't have to figger the thing out. (I'm a Zune guy.) Amazingly, she just bought herself one - not the kind of thing she's inclined to do.

Edited by BeBop

Whatever you do, don't follow these examples: :w

The Gift That Needs Forgiving

I have no idea what I'm giving my wife. I haven't had time to shop until now (been working too much).

However, I tend to agree with this reader's advice. Maybe I can pull it off:

I realize how lucky I am to have a good relationship. Whenever it's time to give a gift, we just say to each other "Which store? Let's go and pick out whatever you want!" Easy. Simple. No fuss-no muss. What is the big deal?

Think comfort and sensuousness. I got my wife for Chanukah a massager from Brookstone. The nice thing about this one is you don't have to buy the chair - you drape this over a chair. I don't remember if it was this one exactly, but it was something like this (Costco carries something similar from Homedics):

Brookstone

one word - kindle.

I decided to get my gf an e-reader this year too, settling on the Sony Touch. I actually think I like the Barnes & Noble "Nook" more (plus they seem to have a larger selection of material than Sony), but it's not available until February 1st. Though I figure if she opens this and then prefers the Kindle or Nook, we can always exchange it.

I always keep my ears and eyes open during the year. This past year I've noticed my gal looking at silver bracelets (I think because for Valentine's Day I gave her earings and necklace with silver), and so I found a nice, affordable one made by a local artist that I know she'll love. If you really haven't had the opportunity to have a clue, I recommend earrings, a necklace, a bracelet. . . if she

"accesorizes" then she'll dig one you pick out.

Edited by jazzbo

Write her a love note- just talk to her through the pen....your thoughts are free and special- think like you're dating her again.

And Jim- all the post after yours get screwed up on my computer- don't know why....

Vajerzy - I get this too - I need to scroll down forever to read any posts after Jim's. What's up with that?

my wife always wants some smelly perfumy or shampoo, soap thing that I can never find. I tried asking my 6 year old daughter this weekend which one it was that mommy wanted but she couldn't remember. As soon my daughter is old enough, my wife will finally get the gifts that she has been wanting all these years.

Write her a love note- just talk to her through the pen....your thoughts are free and special- think like you're dating her again.

And Jim- all the post after yours get screwed up on my computer- don't know why....

Vajerzy - I get this too - I need to scroll down forever to read any posts after Jim's. What's up with that?

Vajerzy - sorry I did not mean to write in your quote - I am still getting used to the new Board. But I still have this problem after Jim's posts.

I think I'm pretty lucky. During the year, my wife sees things that she likes & has me buy them then and put them away for Christmas. By the time Christmas comes round, both she & I have forgotten what I've bought, so everything's a surprise and the great thing is that I don't have to go Christmas shopping for her - hate the crowds this time of year.

Edited by paul secor

I think I'm pretty lucky. During the year, my wife sees things that she likes & has me buy them then and put them away for Christmas. By the time Christmas comes round, both she & I have forgotten what I've bought, so everything's a surprise...

:lol: I do a little of this too and it's true, it's usually a surprise for both of us (well, for me until the 22nd or 23rd when I wrap the items.) But the trick is to remember where you hide the things. A couple of times what was supposed to be an Xmas gift became a surprise gift for Nixon or Presley's birthday. :rolleyes:

I think I'm pretty lucky. During the year, my wife sees things that she likes & has me buy them then and put them away for Christmas. By the time Christmas comes round, both she & I have forgotten what I've bought, so everything's a surprise...

:lol: I do a little of this too and it's true, it's usually a surprise for both of us (well, for me until the 22nd or 23rd when I wrap the items.) But the trick is to remember where you hide the things. A couple of times what was supposed to be an Xmas gift became a surprise gift for Nixon or Presley's birthday. :rolleyes:

Yup - that's happened here on occasion too.