Alicia Keys' New Cd

Soulstation1

Not yet, but since my wife has been anxious to get it I should hear it by the end of the week. I have heard the single and a couple of other tracks on her website. I don't get as excited about R&B/Urban Contemporary/Hip Hop (or whatever they want to call it) as I used to, but this is one that I am looking forward to hearing. As opposed to many of the "hot stars" in the genre, Ms. Keys seems to actually have some talent.

how is it that miss keys can act all julliard and monstrously talented at times and then hands it over to this seemingly faux hip hop twistin' the radius over the ulna shit when she speaks... i certainly hope that her handlers aren't attempting to sacrifice her true talent for demographical approval if ya gets my mariah carey went down the long dark road drift. :huh:

As opposed to many of the "hot stars" in the genre, Ms. Keys seems to actually have some talent.

I think the key word here is "some".

Let me rephrase then. IMO Alicia Keys is one of the most talented of the current crop of R&B/Urban Contemporary/Soul/Hip-Hop (or whatever the term is) artists.

As opposed to many of the "hot stars" in the genre, Ms. Keys seems to actually have some talent.

I think the key word here is "some".

Let me rephrase then. IMO Alicia Keys is one of the most talented of the current crop of R&B/Urban Contemporary/Soul/Hip-Hop (or whatever the term is) artists.

I would tend to agree. I'm no particular fan of hers (really, of R&B/Urban Contemporary/Soul singers in general - so it's nothing to do with her in particular), but she does seem to have some greater depth to her than most.

I had Alicia's first one and sold it...she didn't measure up to Erykah Badu or Jill Scott IMO. Speaking of Badu, I have yet to pick up her latest effort which I may do soon.

If Alicia gets glowing reviews here, I may give her sophomore disc a try. I was intrigued by the fact that Miss Keys plays the keys, and she sure ain't hard on the eyes. :wub:

I had Alicia's first one and sold it...she didn't measure up to Erykah Badu or Jill Scott IMO. Speaking of Badu, I have yet to pick up her latest effort which I may do soon.

If Alicia gets glowing reviews here, I may give her sophomore disc a try. I was intrigued by the fact that Miss Keys plays the keys, and she sure ain't hard on the eyes. :wub:

I've got Badu's latest. I don't know what it is, but there is something missing from here voice on Mama's Gun and Worldwide Underground that was there for her first album, and ESPECIALLY the live album. The music is also more produced. If you like Mama's Gun, Worldwide Underground may do it for you.