Hey everybody...

I just launched my new website, which is mostly devoted to jazz and improvised music, but which dabbles in hip hop, reggae, and other interesting music.

You can find it here, at http://www.sudden-thoughts.com.

Right now, we have CD reviews, both of new and older stuff, a unique section where artists are invited to contribute articles (Steve Coleman did the first one on boxing and improvising) and other features, like one on up and coming labels right now. Also, soon we'll be adding streaming radio, sampler CDs, and a whole lot more reviews.

I'd appreciate any feedback the fans here have too, as you folks are my people! Enjoy...

Nice guys!-

I really appreciate the support!!! B) Please keep checking back, as we are going to be updating stuff constantly.

Right now, we have just added a feature where you can comment on reviews - go ahead, I hope it will encourage discussion about both the albums themselves and the reviews of them! That will also enable you to receive our newsletter, which will keep you up to date with new Sudden Thoughts stuff.

This weekend, I'll be adding quite a few more reviews, and we already have a new Label Watch lined up. Look out for streaming radio and some other stuff like that too.

peace,

charles

Edited by chuckyd4

• 2 weeks later...

Up-

I just wanted to let everybody know that starting tonight (Tuesday 12/16) we are going to have streaming radio four nights a week - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. These shows will feature, respectively, current jazz (Tues), the jazz classics (Thurs), hip hop, reggae and other mixed music (Sat), and avant, free and out there stuff (Sun). The shows will start at 7pm and run till 10, with an immediate rebroadcast from 10 til 1am (all times are US Eastern Standard Time).

You don't need any special software, just go to http://www.sudden-thoughts.com and click on the link we have there.

Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get involved - register for an account so you can comment on reviews ... we're gonna have some upcoming promotions, so registering also gives you a chance to win some *free* music!

Anyway, we also have an entry from Dom Minasi for our Rimes and Rheuminations that will go up later this week, and a new Label Watch for next week - plus we've been regularly updating the reviews. Thanks for visiting, and enjoy the music!

Edited by chuckyd4

• 4 weeks later...

Another big thanks to everyone who's been checking in on the site. We've been doing a lot of tweaking over the last couple of weeks and changing the layout a little bit. Also, we've added some affiliate stuff, so if you buy CDs through our site, we get a little kick back, which is always greatly appreciated (we're not making much money off this thing, so every little bit helps).

Also... please add some comments! Whatever you post (minus racial remarks or excessive profanity or anything) will get posted to the reviews, so feel free to disagree with me and point out stupid things I say and that kind of thing. I'd really like this aspect of the site to take off a bit more.

In the upcoming weeks look for another Rimes and Rheuminations (I don't want to say who to jinx it, but a lot of folks around here should be interested), and probably playlists for the radio to be posted and that kind of thing.

Thanks again for checkin things out. :D

• 2 weeks later...

JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE!

Please pass this along to everyone you know who might be interested in it (certainly a lot of the folks around here):

We have posted our latest entry in "Rimes and Rheuminations", an entry from Joe McPhee, where he discusses his approach to cooking, both in the kitchen and musically. Interesting stuff. Also check out Dom Minasi's entry which came before this, in case you didn't already.

It has been very rewarding to find out that Joe is an incredibly nice guy through this, too...

Edited by chuckyd4

Thanks Patricia... hope you'll keep checking back. :D

Hey Phil (got your e-mail, btw)... well, the radio stuff is basically a logistical decision. Since I'm doing 4 shows a week all by my lonesome, it takes some time to pick out 12 hours of music to play - as I try to keep the playlists in constant rotation. Nevermind the fact that right now (since my old hard drive crashed a couple of months ago), I have to rip each and every track, which takes a couple of minutes apiece, from my CDs...

Also, right now I'm doing the shows directly from my laptop, instead of on a server, so I can't actually use my computer to listen to music (which, unfortunately, is my main stereo right now) while it's on.

Anyway, that's basically it... hopefully in the future I can expand the shows a bit more; hopefully you'll tune in from time to time anyway! B)