A DEEP OLIVE BRANCH TO CHRISTIERN

Guest DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

Let me put it this way:

We're a FOUR piano family. I even have one in our carriage house so if I'm on the way to a recording session and come up with a last minute idea I don't have to go back in the house to use my Yamaha C-7 Conservatory Grand.

I have a 1929 Model A Ford that is the first car I ever owned (which is one of four). Just did an off the frame restoration and am winning prizes at all antique meets I attend.

Here's where the digit enters:

On my wall in my WET BAR hangs a plaque. It's for the sale of 1,000,000 units for a record I did with the Glenn Miller Orch.

The title of that CD is "IN THE CHRISTMAS MOOD".

We did a second one entitled "IN THE CHRISTMAS MOOD II".

We did a third one entitled "IN THE NUTCRACKER MOOD".

All three were a co-operative effort.

To date the three have amassed sales exceeding 4,000,000.

BTW: Pick them up if you see them. They're swingin' and are also good Christmas Music. One tune was used in the movie "While we were sleeping" starring Sandra Bullock.

I get checks from Disney productions for that.

Jazz doesn't sell shit but we're in the second pressing of the first Big Band Bloviation and Vol. Two is on the way.

I've never worked a day in my life. I'd go as far as to say A DAY'S WORK WOULDN'T KILL ME BUT IT SURE AS SHIT WOULD PUT ME IN THE HOSPITAL!!

I was in the Army Band program 1965-1968 but I have to consider that as TRAINING rather than work.

Get those Miller Christmas CDs on Laserlight. My coffers could use a BUMP (and I need a BUMP too...DIG?).

I didn't get my digit by writing a book about a dead foul mouthed Blues Singer. I got it the old fashioned way...by GETTING DRUNK AND LETTING THE TAPES ROLL

Anybody seen the governor?

DEEP

Was Glenn Miller like Jimmy Stewart?

Is your Model A Black? Does you Model A have hydraulics? Why did T come before A?

Do you have a hand in Laserlight's swell graphics?

Is Sandy as nice as people say? Why doesn't Catesta like her?

BARE AGAIN,

I never knew Glenn Miller. He died before I was born.

Some people say Miller should have lived and his music should have died.

I contest that the plane should have gone down and Miller AND the music should have gone down with it.

The Miller estate approved the recordings which were done by a Miller Alumni Band. I was with the ghost band back in the early seventies when it was under the direction of Buddy DeFranco.

My Model A has black fenders. The body is niagara blue and the reveals are andalucite blue. In the early 1900's Henry produced a Model A which preceded the T. He returned to the A in 1928 thru 1931. My A is completely original and has mechanical brakes.

It was the Model T's that were only black.

Don't know Sandy and have no idea why Contesta(pated) dislikes her.

I had nothing to do with the graphics on the Laserlight Issues.

Actually the "In The Christmas Mood" was originally issued on Mobile Fidelity as "THE STARLIGHT ORCHESTRA". After that lease expired we did a second session and they came out on Laserlight as by THE GLENN MILLER ORCH.

DEEP

BARE AGAIN
Did you see this b? Sexual harrassment, if I have ever seen it...I feel so violated right now! :(
I never knew Glenn Miller. He died before I was born.
Sorry, I just figure old people like you and Chris have met everyone.
The Miller estate approved the recordings which were done by a Miller Alumni Band. I was with the ghost band back in the early seventies when it was under the direction of Buddy DeFranco.
Wow! If you kept a bunch of those MFSLs, you are a rich man! >gold?<
My Model A has black fenders. The body is niagara blue and the reveals are andalucite blue. In the early 1900's Henry produced a Model A which preceded the T. He returned to the A in 1928 thru 1931. It was the Model T's that were only black.
Well, don't know why you would visibly support Nazi fan Henry Ford, but to each his own. Sounds very nice,(Think seriously about hydraulics, and crome 22's though) What Wingy said yesterday.
Just did an off the frame restoration and am winning prizes at all antique meets I attend.
What Wingy says today
My A is completely original and has mechanical brakes. .
Have you considered politics? Why don't you post a photo of the Nazimoblie?
I had nothing to do with the graphics on the Laserlight Issues.

Then you cannot be as evil as so very many say! :mellow:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's some goading. Congrats, Berigan, you've just earned yourself the second warning in Organissimo Forums history!!

B,

I hope you're serious because THIS JIVE MOTHERFUCKING COCKSUCKER HAS REALLY PISSED ME OFF!!

...and it's a result of GOADING.

DEEP

Oh I'm serious.

I'll gladly accept a second warning for this:

BERIGAN IS A JIVE MOTHERFUCKER, WHO OBVIOUSLY IS A SHEENIE WITH A 2000 YEAR OLD RETROACTIVE PERSECUTION COMPLEX

You can even give me 3 warnings for that one.

(AND I'M SERIOUS....Goddammit that felt good)

DEEP

Is Sandy as nice as people say? Why doesn't Catesta like her?

Dude, Sandy?

I don't remember, who is/was she?

you said on another board......Sandra Bullock - Just bad, I never could understand why she is so popular. .....

I forgot the other Sandy! I can't remember if she was good or bad!

Now that's some goading. Congrats, Berigan, you've just earned yourself the second warning in Organissimo Forums history!!

b3-er..... WHAT THE FUCK????????????

WHAT THE FUCK DID I SAY THAT WAS SO FUCKING BAD?????? HENRY FORD WAS A FAN OF HITLER, IT IS A KNOWN FACT!!!!!! I CAN'T JOKE ABOUT SOMEONE(SOMEONE WHO KIDS EVERYONE) HAVING A FORD BEING A NAZI SYMPATHIZER? HE HAS NEVER SAID ANYTHING PRO NAZI AS FAR AS I KNOW.

FOR SAYING THAT I THOUGHT HE WAS AS OLD AS CHRIS(CLEARLY HE ISN'T BEING THAT HE WAS BORN IN 1945) I CAN'T RIB SOMEONE'S AGE? FOR SAYING HE HAS SOME MONEY IF HE HAS A FEW MFSL CDS? FOR POINTING OUT THE FACT A FRAME OFF RESTORATION MEANS A CAR CANNOT BE COMPLETELY ORIGINAL?

B, THIS IS TOTAL, ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT! :angry: PERHAPS I SHOULD FIND ANOTHER BOARD TO HAUNT, IF I CAN'T RIB A RIBBER. THEN THERE WILL BE NO ONE BUT LIBERALS TO POST ARTICLES IN THE POLITICS FORUM, WHICH I BET WOULD PLEASE A FEW FOLKS HERE....

vi. A warning system is in place for all regular members. Underneath each user name is a warning bar that goes from green to red. Warnings will be issued for behavior and/or language we deem to be worthy of action. Members may amass 10 warnings before their posting privileges are revoked. The member will not be banned at this point, however he/she will not be able to post for an amount of time to be determined by the moderators.

If we find that someone is purposely goading another member in order to increase the warning bar of that member, we may revoke the posting privileges of the provocateur.

( deep said)

>>To date the three have amassed sales exceeding 4,000,000.

BTW: Pick them up if you see them. They're swingin' and are also good Christmas Music. One tune was used in the movie "While we were sleeping" starring Sandra Bullock.

I get checks from Disney productions for that.

Jazz doesn't sell shit but we're in the second pressing of the first Big Band Bloviation and Vol. Two is on the way. <<

No shit DEEPlock..

now you know why all my years of maling musical weenies to ORDER for DIGIT

and writing crappy big band rockuntroll for sweaty football replays and even worse

things for ad agencies with taste up their a*****es ??

for the AFM /EPW fund ..and ASCAP !!

so now I can retire and do for FUN what I f****ing well please ..and put out

jazz albums that probably wont sell shit either ..( but I do hope I hit a 2nd pressing in a year or so )

:w:party:

vi. A warning system is in place for all regular members. Underneath each user name is a warning bar that goes from green to red. Warnings will be issued for behavior and/or language we deem to be worthy of action. Members may amass 10 warnings before their posting privileges are revoked. The member will not be banned at this point, however he/she will not be able to post for an amount of time to be determined by the moderators.

If we find that someone is purposely goading another member in order to increase the warning bar of that member, we may revoke the posting privileges of the provocateur.

B,

CLASP!!

But shoot me another warning because this Dild is gonna get it from me if he persists.

In short: I'll take 3 warning chips cause this motherfucker is MINE.

DEEP

Before the solid waste hits the electrically-powered cooling device and somebody gets banned, or worse, I'd like to recommend the two Christmas collections, on Laserlight by the Glenn Miller Orchestra.

Since it is, after all, The Season, I have been listening to "In The Christmas Mood" , as well as the very excellent "In The Nutcracker Mood", by the Glenn Miller Orchestra.

I find that they are a welcome antidote to the constant Christmas collections, by EVERYONE, from country, to God knows who, playing constantly, constantly, constantly at work. By the time that Christmas is actually here, I won't care.

However, good jazz, in a sea of hackneyed, overly sentimental pap, rampant at this time of the year is a welcome change.

It's bad enough that it's dark as your pocket, it seems, for half the day, but if I hear Perry Como, or Bing Crosby sing Christmas carols, one more time, I am going to lose it. :rolleyes:

So, you might say that these two collections are an oasis of tranquility in a desert of forced, festive phoniness. At least it's good jazz, always welcome, any time of year, particularly now. Worthwhile.

Edited by patricia

I'd like to recommend the two Christmas collections, on Laserlight by the Glenn Miller Orchestra.

Since it is, after all, The Season, I have been listening to "In The Christmas Mood" , as well as the very excellent  "In The Nutcracker Mood", by the Glenn Miller Orchestra.

Carefull, Patricia. You might get a warning for that one, maybe even two warnings for "In the Nutcraker Mood" alone. :g

Edited by John L

I'd like to recommend the two Christmas collections, on Laserlight by the Glenn Miller Orchestra.

Since it is, after all, The Season, I have been listening to "In The Christmas Mood" , as well as the very excellent  "In The Nutcracker Mood", by the Glenn Miller Orchestra.

Carefull, Patricia. You might get a warning for that one, maybe even two warnings for "In the Nutcraker Mood" alone. :g

Thanks for havin' my back, John. I'll watch it from now on. :rolleyes::D:w

Jazzmoose,

I know I'm shocked. Shocked. :blink::blink:

For some reason I'm reminded of the stand-up Lenny Bruce used to do, de-fanging the base vernacular, as well as racial and ethnic slurs. His contention was that they were all just words. I don't know if I agree with him. I tend to think that as insults they lack imagination. One's ethnicity is an accident of birth and means nothing. A black heart, whatever one's nationality, means everything.

BTW, what happened to your old avatar?? That darling little moose, cavorting around was, well, I'll say it, sexy in a weird way and hypnotic, at least to me. I miss him. :wub:

Edited by patricia

BTW, what happened to your old avatar??  That darling little moose, cavorting around was, well, I'll say it, sexy in a weird way and hypnotic, at least to me.  I miss him. :wub:

Canadians...Sheesh! ;)

:)

An accident of birth. Oddly, I never say "eh" and don't ever eat back bacon, since I'm a vegetarian. So, maybe I'm not really Canadian. :rolleyes::D

Edited by patricia

WHO OBVIOUSLY IS A SHEENIE WITH A 2000 YEAR OLD RETROACTIVE PERSECUTION COMPLEX

This is a very disrespectful statement that I do not wish to condone with my silence. That is all.

Jazz,

Your objection to ethnic slurs is valid. They are, and have always been a red flag in front of an angry bull.

However, there is nothing more predictable than rage at insults regarding our ethnicity, the one thing over which we have no control. Why do all of us, no matter what our origin, become so proud of our heritage that we're willing to fight anyone who uses it as an insult, even if normally we don't give it a second thought in our day to day life??

It's a serious question and one that I often ask, without ever getting a satisfactory answer. Wars have been fought over the apparant differences between disparate cultures, , so there must be a logical explanation.

No, I am not being naive. For example, my mother, who was Scottish, refused to recognize the present Queen of England as Elizabeth the SECOND, because she was still furious that the first Queen Elizabeth [whom Catholics judged as illigitimate and thus not the rightful successor to the throne] executed Mary Queen of Scots, who was traditionally next in line to the throne of England, in a power stuggle in the sixteenth century. To this day, there is no love lost between the Scots and the English, and, by extention the Irish and the English, due to more recent events. And, so it goes. Power and greed, by the few, affecting thousands of their countrymen, poisoning the air for centuries. Maybe this could be the millenium that we could all start hating individuals for what they did to us, personally. Now THAT would make sense. Never happen, but I can hope.

So Jazz, do you have any thoughts about this puzzling problem regarding the human condition??

Edited by patricia

Jazz,

Your objection to ethnic slurs is valid. They are, and have always been a red flag in front of an angry bull.

However, there is nothing more predictable than rage at insults regarding our ethnicity, the one thing over which we have no control. Why do all of us, no matter what our origin, become so proud of our heritage that we're willing to fight anyone who uses it as an insult, even if normally we don't give it a second thought in our day to day life??

It's a serious question and one that I often ask, without ever getting a satisfactory answer. Wars have been fought over the apparant differences between disparate cultures, , so there must be a logical explanation.

Do you have any thoughts about this puzzling problem regarding the human condition??

Well sure, I'd imagine there are many reasons. One may be, as you pointed out, that our ethnicity is out of our hands and insulting someone for it may be one of the most unreasonable things that a person can do with mere language.

Another is pride in one's culture, which is a mainly forgotten thing in certain places in the world, and very strong in other places. Personally, I think there are good manifestations of pride and bad manifestations of pride. For instance, my pride in myself prevents me from getting worked up when someone insults my ethnicity. Why justify their statement? Why give any value, even negative value, to a statement like that? Such an insult is obviously worthless i.e. - lacking in worth and inconsequential to me. I consider this a good manifestation of pride. I'm sure you've seen many examples of bad ones.

If Deep sees fit to use racial slurs (in jest) that's his decision, and it is ultimately up to B-3er to decide when he's stepped over the line. I have lurked this board for quite a while and have come to the conclusion that B is quite a reasonable and fair minded person, so I have no worries about how he runs his board (which is why I even post here, mind you). But I also didn't want to stay silent when I saw something I consider rude and a bit foul. Just my opinion, everyone's got one right?

^_^

Absolutely. So, you see, we're on the same side.

My ethnicity is Norwegian/Scottish and I'm not sure if there ARE any ethnic slurs that can be directed at me because of it.

History and age-old disputes and hatreds come back to affect people, hundreds of years later and it is totally illogical, as we see, demonstrated worldwide, on practically a daily basis.

Edited by patricia

I'm glad to see you agree with me, but I don't think it is illogical at all, I think it is one of the MOST logical things that ever happens.

If you are in a fight (verbal, physical) and you want to WIN, what do you do? You fight dirty. You "hit below the belt". One of the best ways to do that verbally would seem to be to insult someone for something that:

A. They care about so much it will cloud their thought processes immediately upon receiving the insult. (Your wife is this, your mom is that, you <insert racial slur>, etc. )

B. Is a condition which is under no control of their own. An insult to such a condition will most likely spark a sense of injustice in the receiver of the insult and invoke immediate anger.

I don't suppose I really have to mention the dynamics of morality for someone who chooses to "fight" that way....

Jazz,

Interesting points that you have made and I can't disagree. Perhaps "logical" was the wrong word. "Sensible" might have described what I meant more clearly.

Choosing to impune one's ethnicity, family or personal trait would seem to be the lazy person's road to certain conflict. But, to what end? I know, I know, the person is, as they used to say "spoilin' for a fight", but is that really it??

It's so much more difficult to single out an actual offence, committed by the person standing in front of you in order to justify violence, either verbal or physical. Do we actually have some sort of primal need for constant disharmony??

Simply treating the insult as if it hadn't been uttered is seldom chosen as an option. As you say, that almost always works, but is hardly ever the avenue chosen. So, I wonder if we have some sort of inborn need for a low-level form of violence?? Cage-rattling seems to be almost a national and international past time.

Edited by patricia

Simply treating the insult as if it hadn't been uttered is seldom chosen as an option.

Man, I hate to knitpick you since I already did that a post ago (really, I'm not being sarcastic I promise), but I think of it less than treating it like it doesn't exist (ignoring it) and more like acknowledging the insult's existence and completely dismissing it as worthless (therefore not worth even the calories required to be angry). You may wonder what the difference is, and to me, the difference is my speaking out as I did in this thread against something I saw as disrespectful. If I were in the habit of ignoring insults I probably wouldn't have said anything. Again, you may not see the difference, but to me it is an important detail. I hope that makes a lick of sense.

So, I wonder if we have some sort of inborn need for a low-level form of violence?? Cage-rattling seems to be almost a national and international past time.

Well, my personal opinion of humanity is that the lot of us are stinkers, but I know many people disagree with me.

Also, Sun Tzu boldly stated that conflict is necessary to mankind, maybe the way forest fires are necessary in nature (the analogy is my own). I don't think I really know what I think of that concept at this point. It sure was a different perspective than anything I've ever thought of though.