Cannibalism isn't a crime in Germany!

RDK

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the "regular" cannibalism you guys are talking about is totally different from this nut job.

That's right, Dan.

As mentioned, I'm interested in this topic about regular cannibalism, not criminal cannibalism.

Cannibalism fact #1 from my book:

What physical evidence do we have that ritual cannibalism did occur amongst primitives?

Think about it for a bit and I'll present the answer in the next post.

Moose, that was the funniest thing you've ever posted! :tup

Don't encourage him, Dan. ;)

Sheesh!

OK now for the answer: I remember reading of charred human bones found in extinguished Neanderthal campfires. However, with today's techniques we can find traces of human myoglobin, a protein found in the human heart and skeletal muscles in cooking pots and fossilized human feces.

Is this getting gross enough for ya? :P

After Brandes downed sleeping tablets and whisky, Meiwes cut off Brandes' penis which they planned to eat together, but found that due to its consistency, it was inedible "even when fried."

Sounds to me like they needed a good recipie for cock au vin...

In rereading the original quote, it would appear that the murdered man was even nuttier than the cannibal! At least the cannibal didn't try to eat himself.

Reminds me of the Stephen King story in which some drug dealer crashes on a desert island w/nothing but a big bag of coke. Well, I guess he must have had some sharp implements, too, 'cause when he started getting hungry, he'd use some "anesthetic" and cut off a piece of himself for dinner!

You know, I once tried snorting coke once ... but I almost drowned.

Sheesh!

OK now for the answer: I remember reading of charred human bones found in extinguished Neanderthal campfires. However, with today's techniques we can find traces of human myoglobin, a protein found in the human heart and skeletal muscles in cooking pots and fossilized human feces.

I also find this topic interesting. I once wrote a History Channel show on the Essex, and read some of those other accounts as well (Donner Party, Greely expedition, Peru airplane). Feel free to post more from the book (although others might disagree.)

Sheesh!

I also find this topic interesting. I once wrote a History Channel show on the Essex, and read some of those other accounts as well (Donner Party, Greely expedition, Peru airplane). Feel free to post more from the book (although others might disagree.)

Wow! Awesome! Adam!

Got to read the book first. ;) I'm too busy posting here to actually read the book.

I'll start it tonight. :P

The book I'm reading quotes sections from books dealing with some aspect of cannibalism. I've just finished the first two sections. The first deals with Primitive Cannibalism and Human Sacrifice, and there are sections on the Anasazi in SW America, the Aztecs in Cortez' time, and the Fiji islanders.

The second section deals with Cannibalism on the high seas. There's a funny bit which I would like to quote. The sloop PEGGY was caught in a storm and was adrift. Starvation set in and a heroic battle was fought on the part of the captain, David Harrison to keep his men from cannibalising each other. Well, one guys gets eaten up (a negro slave) who drew the unfortunate straw (predestined, of course-duh!), but the captain refuses to partake. Days pass and he gets weaker and weaker. He's got a couple of pistols which he barely has the strength to hold up in case the men go for him as they are plotting to do.

Straws are drawn and another unfortunate fellow is nominated. He turns out to be the most popular crew member. They defer the moment for a day or two and miraculously they get rescued in the interim. The man who had been expected to die went delirious and never regained his sanity.

In the meantime, they are fed on the ship. The captain had no appetite for four days (!) owing to the stresses and horror of events. Eventually, he is able to take some broth and small amounts of food. He gradually improves then one day....

"having an occasion for a particular indulgence of nature, I thought I should have expired performing it. The pain it gave me was excruciating to the last degree and the parts were so contracted, having never once been employed for a space of thirty-six or thirty-seven days, :excited: that I almost began to despair restoring them to their necessary operations. I was, however, at last relieved by the discharge of a callous lump :g about the size of a hen's egg. :lol: and enjoyed a tranquility of body, notwithstanding all my disorders, with which I was utterly unacquainted for some preceding weeks."

:g

• 1 month later...