2010 MLB Season

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the agita Yankee fans are feeling over AJ Burnett, the reality is that they are facing a mediocre right-handed pitcher in a little league field designed for the destruction of mediocre righties. AJ could get clobbered and the Yankees could very easily win game 4.

And if they do, they have Sabathia going on full rest in the stadium where he's been nearly unbeatable.

Quite simply, I'll make this prediction: If the Rangers don't win game 4, they won't get to a game 7 hoping that Cliff Lee will save their cojones.

And the Game 1 meltdown, aided and abetted by a foolish manager, will loom very, very large.

I don't know about not getting to a Game 7, but the rest of this makes a lot of sense to me.

Tommy Hunter, now it's really gut-check time.

C'mon man, these are still the Yankees, they have proven that they can come back from adversity and still win a series. The Rangers have yet to consistently prove that their bullpen can hold a lead.

Champions are still champions until proven otherwise. Challengers remain challengers until proven otherwise.

Nobody's won four games yet, have they?

C'mon man, these are still the Yankees, they have proven that they can come back from adversity and still win a series. The Rangers have yet to consistently prove that their bullpen can hold a lead.

Champions are still champions until proven otherwise. Challengers remain challengers until proven otherwise.

Nobody's won four games yet, have they?

No, I'm not giving up yet, but the odds keep getting higher and higher. We've been consistently outpitched, outhit, and just plain outplayed in this series. Outscored 27-10 so far! You guys are without a doubt the better team right now. NY's back in the same mediocre mode it was in for most of August and all of September.

I have, however, found much consolation in listening to the music of Warne Marsh throughout this ALCS debacle. :)

On another happier note, I just found out that somebody touted Night Lights to Ira Sullivan. :) :)

Edited by ghost of miles

"Better team so far" means nothing, really. Hell, nobody's even won three yet...

C'mon, man, let me enjoy my creeping resignation in peace! :lol:

I don't blame you for not wanting to jump to conclusions on your end--having sat through the apocalypse known as the 2004 ALCS, I don't blame you at all. (Though that Yankee team sure didn't have a Cliff-Lee-Game-7 ace to fall back on! :eye: ) And--I genuinely mean this--I'll be happy for the Rangers fans here if TX goes. Nolan Ryan taking over the club, Cliff Lee coming to town, and a possible World Series trip have made for a heady few months, a great ride, and if NY doesn't get to go for the ring again, well, last year was our great ride. Really hard to repeat these days for anybody, it seems.

Still ain't nobody won four yet...

look - the only "local" franchise success I've seen personally, in my lifetime, has been the Cowboys two reigns, and LORD have mercy I know how long that took (the first time - the Browns for years were to the Cowboys what the Yankees have been to the Rangers) & I've only really liked the Cowboys during the Jerry Jones years (and hated them during the Landry years!) I know how quick it can all fall apart, how "looking like you're going to win it" and actually winning it have absolutely no relation to each other.

These Rangers are a great bunch to watch, great team to root for, I mean, you gotta love 'em if you know 'em, but the same could be said of the Mavericks of 10 or so years ago, and we've all seen how that's turned out...at this point, fuck the Mavericks, ya' know?

The Yankees can win three in a row, even one against Lee (who last time I looked has lost a game or two...). The Rangers should be able to win one out of three. But that's a lot of probabilities and zero certainties. As somebody who's pretty much had a lifetime of not being a "natural" fan of championship teams, I ain't believing nothing until I see it already done.