When To Get Together

Dan Gould

WHEN would be the best time of year for an Organissimo Get-Together?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My wife and I are having our second child late March / early April 2004. Don't forget B3-er and his wife are pregnant as well. I'm not sure when they are due, but that may be a factor in the planning. 

Late summer / early Fall is a beautiful time in Michgan.

That would be great for me. Late summer or early fall, after everybody has their babies and has done whatever it is that they've already committed to for the spring and summer. Fall is nice in the midwest, but winter, for me, is like being in the waiting room to Hell. :(

I still like Lansing, home of Organissimo, the reason for this thing is even being considered. :wub: I know that there is a certain reluctance for some people about a hang not being in a major city, but we can always go to a major city, for other reasons. This is a specific event and it's home base seems to me to be a fitting tribute and a great rallying point. I guess I'm big on symbolism. :blink:

Edited by patricia

Next month at IAJE in NYC!

Lots of people will be at the IAJE in NYC next month, but I thought we were talking about an Organissimo hang, not a trip to New York which has nothing, aside from the jazz aspect, to make it uniquely Organissimo related.

I'm assuming that you were already making plans to go to the IAJE and if you go, have a good time. :rolleyes:

Anytime from late May prior to Labor Day would be good for me after that no can do.

So, looks like we're narrowed down to late May, June, July or August, if we want Chris to be there. Sounds good to me if it's after June and before the winds and horribleness of winter are visited on us. :D

Edited by patricia

• 3 months later...

I don't think anything was ever resolved. I'm still voting for St. Louis around the time of the record collector's convention :tup or maybe Chicago around the festival at the end of August. Just my opinion but would make the trip else where in the event this becomes reality!

Mark

Yeah. I thought I'd make an attempt at reviving this thread. To get people talking about it again.

I have a friend who is into the internet gaming thing. He's met with the members of his board a couple of times. He says it's always well worth the time and money spent to do so.

It would be fun to meet, if possible, and focus it around an Organissimo show.

Edited by wesbed

Funny how I was one of the driving forces behind these polls and discussions, and now with the new house, the likelihood that I could afford to make it to a gathering is quite slim.  :mellow:

Maybe we should meet at Dan's house? Errr... it's on the beach?

Edited by wesbed