FS: Mosaic Selects - Shank/Cooper & Piano Trios

I have these two rare Mosaic Select box sets sitting on my shelves that I just don't listen to much. Time to clear some shelf space and raise some money.

Shipping in the US is included.

International shipping is actual cost.

Payment via PayPal or money order. International payments must be via PayPal as I've had a lot of trouble with other payment types from outside the US.

Post here or PM me. First PM gets it.

$130

Mosaic Select # 19 - The Pacific Jazz Piano Trios (3 CDs)

Discs and artwork are M, with the exception of the outer box, which has some handling wear i.e. a very small ding to one corner & a small scratch on the bottom.

This box set contains the music from 4 artists, Russ Freeman, Richard Twardzik, Jimmy Rowles & Clare Fischer. Most of this music has never been available since it was first released on various LPs back in late 50's/early 60's.

$130

Mosaic Select # 10 - Bud Shank & Bob Cooper (3 CDs)

Discs and artwork are M, with the exception of the booklet of disc 2 having two "bump" marks and the outer box, which has some handling wear i.e. two very small corner dings.

This box set contains the music from 6 very rare LPs. With the exception of "Blowin' Country", this music has never been available since it was first released on various LPs back in late 50's.

I would prefer to sell these together so I will offer both for $250 shipped to the US. $270 for both shipped internationally.

Thanks for looking,

Kevin

One down, one to go...

$130

Discs and artwork are M, with the exception of the booklet of disc 2 having two "bump" marks and the outer box, which has some handling wear i.e. two very small corner dings.

This box set contains the music from 6 very rare LPs. With the exception of "Blowin' Country", this music has never been available since it was first released on various LPs back in late 50's.

SOLD:

$130 Mosaic Select # 19 - The Pacific Jazz Piano Trios (3 CDs)

Price drop on this one...

Payment via PayPal or money order. International payments must be via PayPal as I've had a lot of trouble with other payment types from outside the US.

$130 $110

Up with another price reduction...

Grading is per the SH forum guidelines.

Was $130 now $100

Discs and artwork are M, with the exception of the booklet of disc 2 having two "bump" marks and the outer box, which has some handling wear i.e. two small corner dings.

The cheapest I've seen this in recent months is $140. Currently, the only copy available anywhere is $199 (sealed) on amazon.com.

Thanks for looking,

Kevin

PS.

In case anyone reading this is interested in the discography, here it is:

(A) Bud Shank, alto sax; Bob Enevoldsen, Stu Williamson, Maynard Ferguson, valve trombones; Claude Williamson, piano; Joe Mondragon, bass; Shelly Manne, drums; Bob Cooper, arranger.

Recorded at Capitol Studios, Los Angeles on April 3 (A1) and June 22 (A2), 1954.

Recording engineer: Alan Emig.

The alternate take of “Wailing Vessel” was originally issued on JAZZ WEST COAST Pacific Jazz JWC 500. All other selections originally issued on BUD SHANK AND THREE TROMBONES Pacific Jazz 10” LP 14.

(B) Bud Shank, alto sax; Bob Brookmeyer; valve trombone; Claude Williamson, piano; Joe Mondragon (B1), Buddy Clark (B2), bass; Larry Bunker, drums; Strings: (B1) Samuel Cytron, Tibor Zelig, Milton Feher, violins; Myron Sandler, viola; Paul Bergstrom, cello; (B2) Sam Caplan, Marshall Sosson, Ben Gill, violins; Lou Kievman, viola; Ray Kramer, cello.

Arranged by Russ Garcia (all B1 tunes), Johnny Mandel (“Low Life”), Bob Brookmeyer (all other B2 tunes).

Recorded at Radio Recorders, Los Angeles on November 29, 1954 (B1) and January 7, 1955 (B2).

Recording engineer: Val Valentin.

The alternate take of “Low Life” was originally issued on JAZZ WEST COAST Pacific Jazz JWC 500. All other selections originally issued on BUD SHANK AND BOB BROOKMEYER Pacific Jazz 10” LP 20.

© Bud Shank, alto sax, flute; Bob Cooper, tenor sax, oboe; Claude Williamson, piano; Don Prell, bass; Chuck Flores, drums.

Recorded live at the California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA on January 19, 1956.

Recording engineer: Phil Turetsky.

Originally issued as JAZZ AT CAL-TECH - THE BUD SHANK QUARTET WITH BOB COOPER (Pacific Jazz PJ-1219)

(D) Bud Shank, flute; Bob Cooper, oboe; Howard Roberts, guitar; Don Prell, bass; Chuck Flores, drums.

Recorded at Capitol Studios, Los Angeles on November 29, 1956 (first session).

“Sweet Georgia Brown” originally issued on BLOWIN’ COUNTRY World Pacific WP-1277. All others originally issued on FLUTE ‘N OBOE (World Pacific WP-1226).

(E) Bud Shank, flute; Bob Cooper, oboe, arranger; Howard Roberts, guitar; Don Prell, bass; Chuck Flores, drums; Ben Gill, Eudice Shapiro, violins; Milt Thomas, viola; Ray Kramer, cello.

Recorded at Capitol Studios, Los Angeles on November 29, 1956 (second session).

All selections originally issued on FLUTE ‘N OBOE (World Pacific WP-1226).

(F) Bud Shank, flute; Bob Cooper, oboe, arranger; Howard Roberts, guitar; Don Prell, bass; Shelly Manne, drums; Eudice Shapiro, Bob Sushel, Jack Pepper, violins; Milt Thomas, viola; Ray Kramer, cello.

Shank plays alto sax on “Tenderly”. Cooper plays tenor sax on “Danny Boy”.

Recorded at Capitol Studios, Los Angeles on January 21, 1958.

Originally issued on THE SWING’S TO TV (World Pacific WPM-411).

(G) Bud Shank, alto sax, tenor sax, flute; Bob Cooper, tenor sax, oboe, bass clarinet; Claude Williamson, piano; Don Prell, bass; Chuck Flores, drums.

Recorded at Capitol Studios, Los Angeles on February 18, 1958.

“Mutual Admiration Society”, “Accustomed To Her Face”, “Just In Time” and “Two Lost Souls” originally issued on JAZZ SWINGS BROADWAY (World Pacific WPM-404). “Blowin’ Country” originally issued on BLOWIN’ COUNTRY (World Pacific WP-1277). All other selections originally issued on THE SWING’S TO TV (World Pacific WPM-411). The first nine selections are in the original sequence of BLOWIN’ COUNTRY.

Original sessions produced by Richard Bock (A-C) and Russ Freeman (D-G).

All selection are mono.

Up with one more price reduction...

Was $130 now $100 now $80

Discs and artwork are M, with the exception of the booklet of disc 2 having two "bump" marks and the outer box, which has some handling wear i.e. two small corner dings.

The cheapest I've seen this in recent months is $140. Currently, the only copy available anywhere is $199 (sealed) on amazon.com.

Thanks for looking,

Kevin

Not being a member of the Steve Hoffman forum, and apparently because of this, I'm not entitled to a Search function, would you be so kind as to post the forum link? Thanks.

Hoffman forum CD grading:

Mint (M): Looks like the wrapper just came off. No marks of any kind anywhere on the complete package.

Mint minus (M-): Very near perfect playing surface and artwork. When held at an angle under extreme lighting you can see perhaps 1 or 2 very light scratches or pin dots.

Excellent (Exc.):CDs in this condition look used, but like they were taken good care of. Only a few very light scuffs can be seen when the disc is held at an angle to the light. The booklet and inserts are present and have only a few very minor flaws such as a slight bend or light fingerprints

Very Good plus (VG+): No more than 10 very light to light scratches between 1/8" and 2". Artwork has case dents or a crease. Plays perfectly.

Very Good (VG) : CDs in this condition are more for listening to than collecting. The disc is heavily scratched but can be played through without skipping. The booklet and inserts are present but heavily worn, and may include heavy fingerprints, bent corners, smudges, creases, case dimple marks, and writing.

Poor (P): Car CD or Cat toy