Stan Getz Quintets: The Clef & Norgran Studio Albums

crisp

Hey, great to hear from you! I still have that Jazz in Paris thingie here... drop me a PM with your address (and I'll come raid that cellar and steal all those empty Mosaic boxes... they make good drawing boards for kids, you know!)

Chuck, thanks! Hope they'll correct this!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed Hippo to ask how I could get a replacement for disc 3. I will report back.

Chuck,

Did you get a response from them yet?

Here is the response:

Dear Customer:

You have reached the Online Customer Service Department for questions regarding internet orders and questions related to the online store.

We are sorry but we do not have replacements for this this item.

You will need to contact Amazon to arrange an exchange of your items.

Sincerely,

Online Customer Support

I emailed Hippo to ask how I could get a replacement for disc 3. I will report back.

Chuck,

Here is the response:

Dear Customer:

You have reached the Online Customer Service Department for questions regarding internet orders and questions related to the online store.

Sincerely,

Online Customer Support

That response doesn't address the issue, they don't say anything about the error itself and whether it has been/will be corrected. Looks like we're going to have to live with it.

Amazon's got nothing to do with the correction of the error, of course.

Chuck,

Here is the response:

Dear Customer:

Sincerely,

Online Customer Support

That response doesn't address the issue, they don't say anything about the error itself and whether it has been/will be corrected. Looks like we're going to have to live with it.

Amazon's got nothing to do with the correction of the error, of course.

I wonder if Mosaic have sorted this problem out for the upcoming vinyl release?

I got a reply from Universal Music Germany. According to them, Verve (in the US) is aware of the problem but does not plan any replacement discs. They want to make the track in question available as a download, though. I hope it's in CD quality, that'd be quite nice actually.

I can only say good things about the customer service of Universal Music Germany at this point.

Edited by Kyo

I got a reply from Universal Music Germany. According to them, Verve is aware of the problem but does not plan any replacement discs. They want to make the track in question available as a download, though. I hope it's in CD quality, that'd be quite nice actually.

I can only say good things about the customer service of Universal Music Germany at this point.

Thanks for letting us know. It's not what I was hoping for and I don't do downloads. Oh well.

Fortunately, I do have the studio track on the Stan Getz and the Cool Sounds CD that Verve released in 2002

When you consider that Mosaic did a replacement of one of the discs in the Lionel Hampton set (wrong track) and that Hep replaced an Artie Shaw disc (track missing) it is strange that Universal won't replace the faulty Stan Getz disc. On the other hand Sony did not replace the Duke Ellington "Such Sweet Thunder" 1999 release when it was discovered that a wrong take of "Up and Down, Up and Down" was used.

There must be a lesson in this somewhere

Edited by Stompy Jones

When you consider that Mosaic did a replacement of one of the discs in the Lionel Hampton set (wrong track) and that Hep replaced an Artie Shaw disc (track missing) it is strange that Universal won't replace the faulty Stan Getz disc. On the other hand Sony did not replace the Duke Ellington "Such Sweet Thunder" 1999 release when it was discovered that a wrong take of "Up and Down, Up and Down" was used.

The lesson is that Sony doesn't really give a shit. Of course, that is not really news.

I got a reply from Universal Music Germany. According to them, Verve is aware of the problem but does not plan any replacement discs. They want to make the track in question available as a download, though. I hope it's in CD quality, that'd be quite nice actually.

Thanks for letting us know. It's not what I was hoping for and I don't do downloads. Oh well.

Fortunately, I do have the studio track on the Stan Getz and the Cool Sounds CD that Verve released in 2002

Yes, me too... but with all the other tracks of that disc available elsewhere in its right place (chronologically speaking, not realease-wise) that disc would have been one to pass on otherwise.

As for good customer service... still no reply whatsoever from Hip-O-Select (I used the well-hidden contact information you find when you visit the "help" section of their site). That's more than lousy for what seems to be a "boutique label" or whatever they call that... one that is supposed to care for the music, not just the bucks. Very disappointing. Hope they read this!

The lesson might read something like: fegh off you nuisance you, give us your $$ and shut up now!

I got a reply from Universal Music Germany. According to them, Verve (in the US) is aware of the problem but does not plan any replacement discs. They want to make the track in question available as a download, though. I hope it's in CD quality, that'd be quite nice actually.

Irony would have it that Flamingo is currently one of the only songs on Stan Getz and the Cool Sounds that is available as a download only in "album only" format, i.e. you have to purchase the entire album for $10 to get it.

Irony would have it that Flamingo is currently one of the only songs on Stan Getz and the Cool Sounds that is available as a download only in "album only" format, i.e. you have to purchase the entire album for $10 to get it.

It's all part of their cunning plan...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...