Marianne Faithfull

Bright Moments

This probably belongs in the "who are you just now discovering" thread but i figured that MF needed her own thread. I have completely overlooked her and only recently on a whim sought out her recordings. Boy am I glad I did! So far I have listened to :

Come My Way

Rich Kid Blues and

Broken English

You can't pidgeonhole this lady - that's for sure! I am currently enjoying:

51ZJ1F7KX3L._SS500_.jpg

Excellent!!!

:tophat:

Edited by Bright Moments

from IMDb web page:

Trivia

John Dunbar got custody of their son Nicholas after the divorce.

The first time the F-word was spoken in a movie was by her in I'll Never Forget What's'isname (1967).

Poet Allen Ginsberg, an old friend, named her "Professor of Poetics, Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poets."

Now a grandmother of two living in Ireland.

Reportedly working on a follow-up to her 1994 autobiography, "Faithfull", which is being turned into a screenplay.

Through her mother, Marianne is a direct descendant of Count Leopold von Sacher-Masoch, the infamous 19th century Austrian nobleman whose classic erotic novel, "Venus in Furs", spawned the word "masochism".

Ranked #25 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll

Some of the lyrics to The Rolling Stones' song "Wild Horses" were allegedly about her break-up with Mick Jagger.

Biography/bibliography in: "Contemporary Authors". New Revision Series, vol. 134, pages 137-138. Farmington Hills, MI: Thomson Gale, 2005.

September 2006 - According to her website, Marianne is being treated for breast cancer. The prognosis was stated to be excellent.

Has made a full recovery from breast cancer after undergoing surgery [November 6, 2006].

Attended a Roman Catholic girls school in her youth.

Lives in Paris with her manager François Ravard.

In 1967 she was among those arrested in a drug raid by British police at the residence of Keith Richards.

Her mother was a baroness, her father was an officer in British Intelligence.

The Rolling Stones' song "As Tears Go By" was written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards--their first collaboration--for her.

Was best friends with Anita Pallenberg when they both dated The Rolling Stones band members ( Faithfull dated Mick Jagger and Pallenberg dated Brian Jones).