CATFIGHT!!!

JSngry

Spears, Aguilera Trading Insults

NEW YORK - Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera aren't exactly in the same Mickey Mouse Club anymore.

The pop stars, who both kissed Madonna a few months ago during a performance at the MTV Video Music Awards, are now trading insults about each other's careers and personalities.

In the December issue of Blender magazine, Aguilera said of Spears, "She seemed very distant, even during rehearsals. Every time I tried to start a conversation with her _ well, let's just say she seemed nervous the whole time. ... She seems to me like a lost little girl, someone who desperately needs guidance."

Spears responds in the magazine's January issue, "I can't believe Christina said that about me."

Then she relates a story about seeing Aguilera, her former friend and fellow Mouseketeer, for the first time in two years: "She comes up to me in a club in front of all these people and tries to put her tongue down my throat!

"I say, 'It's good to see you,' and she goes, 'Well, you're not being real with me.' I was like, 'Well, Christina, what's your definition of real? Going up to girls and kissing them after you haven't seen them for two years?'

"A lost girl?" Spears says. "I think it's probably the other way around."

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Aguilera named top role model

58710.jpg

recent photo of slut/ho

Christina Aguilera has been named the top role model by teenage girls.

The Dirrty singer was named the biggest inspiration by readers of teen mag Sugar who praised her for being "strong minded" and "independent".

Aguilera, who frequently flaunts her sexuality and has a number of body piercings, beat last year's poll winner Pink.

The February 2004 issue of Sugar has its second countdown of the top inspirations.

Readers listed some of her qualities as being a "role model with breathtaking talent who isn't afraid to be who she is", being "open and truthful" and someone who "speaks about real-life issues and encourages girls to reach their targets in life".

Aguilera said of the accolade: "Thanks so much to all the Sugar readers for voting me number one.

"It's an honour, and being in the UK has been a highlight of my year."

Her rival Britney Spears managed just fifth place.

Lysanne Currie, editorial director of Sugar, said: "Sugar's Inspirational Girls Top 100 has provided us with a fantastic insight into who our readers look to for inspiration.

"The fact that Christina Aguilera came out on top shows teenagers respect independent and strong-minded role models more than ever before."

Story filed: 08:58 Friday 26th December 2003

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_850107.html

• 2 weeks later...