Beatles Mono Masters set for sale

felser

I ended up with two of these off ebay (went for a buy-it-now that was expiring while I still had a pending bid on another that I was sure would not win - but it did win), so want to sell the extra. Anyways, new, still sealed set. $100. Free shipping in USA, cost elsewhere. Would also consider interesting trade, but prefer sale.

Please PM if interested.

SET IS ON HOLD 2/22/11.

Edited by felser

Very very interested. Help me with an explanation for my wife.

"Honey, I have mono."

Wife has a very distressed look, wondering how you got mono (assuming she doesn't have it.)

"Oh no no no, not that kind of mono dearest. I bought the Beatles mono box for a song!"

Wife is now relieved & thrilled at the happy addition to the CD family.

Opened set to check it out based on recommendation/info from another member, and it's a knock-off (and defective at that), so need to withdraw it.

Sorry to hear that. Amazon's Marketplace and eBay seem to be flooded with fakes of both the mono and stereo sets. The only way to get "the real thing" is to buy it directly from an established store, like Amazon (NOT their Marketplace), CDUniverse, etc.

Here's one of the threads on the Hoffman forum about fake mono sets and how to recognize them.

Opened set to check it out based on recommendation/info from another member, and it's a knock-off (and defective at that), so need to withdraw it.

happened to me with the stereo set but, fortunately, the seller was honest and gave me a full refund and let me keep the set. I bought a legitimate mono set and recommend it highly.

This thread prompted me to check my Stereo set and it turns out that I too purchased a counterfeit set on ebay. I purchased it 12/09 and was unaware that there was a problem so I didn't give it a thought. I haven't listened to all of the discs, but from Rubber Soul and Revolver on sounded good to my ears. Paypal let me initiate a claim, although I don't expect anything to come of it. As for ebay, after 45 days your SOL as far as they're concerned. My seller is no longer a registered user, but maybe he maintains an active paypal account.

Live and learn.....

This thread prompted me to check my Stereo set and it turns out that I too purchased a counterfeit set on ebay. I purchased it 12/09 and was unaware that there was a problem so I didn't give it a thought. I haven't listened to all of the discs, but from Rubber Soul and Revolver on sounded good to my ears. Paypal let me initiate a claim, although I don't expect anything to come of it. As for ebay, after 45 days your SOL as far as they're concerned. My seller is no longer a registered user, but maybe he maintains an active paypal account.

Live and learn.....

If you payed by credit card through paypal, you can initiate a claim with the credit card company.

Live and learn.....

If you payed by credit card through paypal, you can initiate a claim with the credit card company.

That's indeed an option if you paid by credit card through PayPal and your claim isn't honoured by PayPal, but I've read somewhere (don't remember where exactly) that PayPal may close your account if you do that.

Live and learn.....

my seller wasn't active either but I found the email address in my paypal history and he/she eventually came through so worth a shot.

Live and learn.....

That's indeed an option if you paid by credit card through PayPal and your claim isn't honoured by PayPal, but I've read somewhere (don't remember where exactly) that PayPal may close your account if you do that.

So far paypal seems to be working on a claim on my behalf. My hope is that perhaps they can help me out. The transaction history includes the seller's name, and PO Box address in Texas. If they have any current paypal activity then perhaps I have a shot. Otherwise maybe I'll follow up with my CC Co. I hadn't thought of that.

Thanks for the tip!

Live and learn.....

So far paypal seems to be working on a claim on my behalf. My hope is that perhaps they can help me out. The transaction history includes the seller's name, and PO Box address in Texas. If they have any current paypal activity then perhaps I have a shot. Otherwise maybe I'll follow up with my CC Co. I hadn't thought of that.

Thanks for the tip!

Well after a year the consensus is that you are SOL. Paypal contacted the seller on my behalf, but got no response and also informed me that they had no real ability after fifteen months to do anything binding. My credit card company also said that there limit is 119 days or in a best case scenario 120.

As previously stated, I wasn't/am not unhappy with the sound of the set, but damnit it's a counterfeit.

Seven or eight of the discs (all the early ones) are still sealed. Anyone want to buy a counterfeit Beatles box real cheap?

Glad to report that Ebay is giving me a refund.

Wow, good news? How'd that process work? Protracted any? What did you have to provide as 'proof'? I presume you had to surrender the (counterfeit) set to someone, yes?

In any case, glad to hear it.

I have to send the counterfeit set back to the crooks, and show the tracking on the delivery to ebay, who will refund my purchase price and $10 ebay credit for my shipping costs. Took a little over a week for them to get back to me with this settlement.