LF Sun Ra Disco 3000, 2CD version

Here's one listed on Amazon, if you've got very deep pockets.

The set is available from Amazon Marketplace sellers on all the Amazon sites I've visited (U.S., U.K., Germany, France), but the prices are pretty high.

I've seen the prices on amazon - a bit out of my range

Trying the Greg Drusdow lead

Too bad you didn't post this over the weekend. I just saw Marshall Allen play on Sunday night and Danny Thompson was selling copies of it. You might try emailing Greg Drusdow. drusdow AT verizon.net

Many thanks for the contact

have sent Greg an email - we'll see what happens

I wonder if it is possible to contact Danny Thompson?

Edited by romualdo

I have this but it's not for sale - picked it up on eBay a few months ago for $9.99 - lucky I know. However I have been searching for its companion volume Media Dreams for ages without success.

Jim

I just ordered one via Amazon UK - landed it here in Australia for approx 17 Aussie dollars

Amazon UK has an offer on free shipping to Aust/NZ till May if you order £25 or more

Also the actual listed price (£12.99) is reduced (by approx 16%) as VAT is removed - I've been buying lots of material this way since this shipping deal was instituted

Also a good way to get the Stan Getz quintet box (comes down to £27 with free shipping) - OOS at present though

I have this but it's not for sale - picked it up on eBay a few months ago for $9.99 - lucky I know. However I have been searching for its companion volume Media Dreams for ages without success.

Jim

I just ordered one via Amazon UK - landed it here in Australia for approx 17 Aussie dollars

Amazon UK has an offer on free shipping to Aust/NZ till May if you order £25 or more

Also the actual listed price (£12.99) is reduced (by approx 16%) as VAT is removed - I've been buying lots of material this way since this shipping deal was instituted

Also a good way to get the Stan Getz quintet box (comes down to £27 with free shipping) - OOS at present though

LOL I just received a parcel from Amazon UK (Jef Lee Johnson's "Zimmerman Shadow" + Paul Motian Trio 2000 + 2 Live At The Village Vanguard Vol.3) - never thought to look for Media Dreams. They seem to have Disco 3000 as well (2009) but with a different (white) cover to the 2007 which is red - does anybody know if the 2009 version is identical just repackaged?

Jim

LOL I just received a parcel from Amazon UK (Jef Lee Johnson's "Zimmerman Shadow" + Paul Motian Trio 2000 + 2 Live At The Village Vanguard Vol.3) - never thought to look for Media Dreams. They seem to have Disco 3000 as well (2009) but with a different (white) cover to the 2007 which is red - does anybody know if the 2009 version is identical just repackaged?

The 2009 release of Disco 3000 is the single CD version, the one this thread is about and whose cover is posted above is a 2CD-set, as you can see in the thread title.

Jim

The 2009 release of Disco 3000 is the single CD version, the one this thread is about and whose cover is posted above is a 2CD-set, as you can see in the thread title.

Wow, anyone know why Artyard re-released this set the following year with 8 fewer tracks?