Melvin Sparks?

.:.impossible

Nothing about this on his website that I can see (I can't get to the root page for some reason, my antivirus software thinks it's suspect - ?), but his 'contact page' there includes a couple phone numbers and e-mail addresses, as well a link to his myspace account. (I'm a little hesitant to call myself.)

http://melvinsparks.com/contact.htm

Edit: I see one of the contact numbers has been X'ed out "til' futher notice". :unsure:

Thought about starting a thread over at the Steve Hoffman board about this, but I imagine there are move people here with better contacts.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Surprised the better-connected members haven't confirmed it but it certainly is sad news. I've almost always enjoyed what I've heard from him (I think there might have been a Cadet LP or two that didn't really appeal).

Those Cadet LPs were probably Jimmy Ponder's. Sparks was a Bob Porter/Prestige guy back then, although he later did a few (not so good) things on Westbound, iirc.

Sorry to hear of his passing. He was a true, down-home (for me, anyway) for-real talent.