Blue Note Street Team

Leeway

On the old BNBB, there was an effort to create a BN Street Team. Whatever happened to that project?

One theory si that it exists, and is operating clandestinely at Organissimo and AAJ.

Another theory is that the BN Street team has been covertly dropped into Iraq (as part of the Halliburton crew) to make the Middle East safe for Norah Jones.

Yet another theory is that the Street Team was liquidated in the elimination of the old BNBB.

So, did anyone hear ever get the call? Or knows what happened?

And the link to the closed message board is still the first one on the front page. They don't seem to care much about their web presence.

You know, I just checked out their site for the first time in months yesterday, and noticed the first link was to the board...had the same thought as you did....

• 2 years later...

Of the six acts mentioned in that link mgraham gave, the only one I think I have heard of is Shankar, if she is the daughter who has been getting some mention.

I'm not down on Blue Note, but I think times have changed over the past couple of years. Who do they have that's worth a street team nowadays?

There's Joe Lovano, Wynton Marsalis, Greg Osby (I think), Stefon Harris...That's all I can think of at the moment.

I don't think there's much to talk about.