Plas Johnson Jams w/The Monkees

JSngry

The drummer appears to be some guy named Eddie Hoh, the type of life the internet was made to remember, the trumpeter is Bud Brisbois, and see, Youth Of Today, this is what you're supposed to do when you get some Bubblegum Power, fuck that shit up a little every so often.

I also find in incredible that a song titled "Goin' Down" was the B-side of a song called "Daydream Believer", but then again, I got a dirty mind sometimes.

Hey hey!

oh yeah - arranged by Shorty Rogers.

Of course.

Mickey has an amazing voice IMHO.

Incidentally, the vocal take on the single is much better than this. This is the same backing track but a different vocal.

"Amazing" might not be the word that I'd use, but yeah, the guy "got" what it was that he was doing better than many/most & proceeded accordingly. It took me more than a few years to get to that, but..better late than never, right?

The single is also available as a video on YouTube, but this particular video really gave me the WTF Sensation.

This is the song that got me hooked foreverandeveramen on the Monkees! I remember when I first heard this being astounded that it wasn't readily available anywhere (back in the 80's before every scrap of music by the Monkees had been re-re-re-reissued on CD). As much as I like the recorded version of this song, this TV version has always held a special place simply because Dolenz sounds COMPLETELY uninhibited, just gettin' DOWN!!!

Bubblegum never chewed so damn good!!!

Additionally, I played this for a trumpet-playing friend when I was a teen in the 80's. His comment was "Does that guy have a vise-grip on his nuts or something?" :D