Bargain DVD boxes

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Target/target.com is advertising today that it has the following DVD box sets for $14.99:

Justified - Season 3

Downton Abbey original UK edition

Breaking Bad - Season 4

The Walking Dead - Season 1

The Sopranos - Season 1

Girls - Season 2

Mad Men - Season 5

Edited by GA Russell

Amazon has The Woody Allen Collection, Sets 1-3 for $74.99. 19 movies, from Bananas through Shadows And Fog. I've been on the fence for awhile about this set, simply because I don't know when I'd have time to watch it all. But it's a great price.

41ilpTpDC-L.jpg

This may be the best you can do in R1, but over in R2-land, there is a 20 DVD box set for under 30 GBP: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Woody-Allen-Collection-DVD/dp/B007W21JZO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387560201&sr=8-1&keywords=woody+allen

It also takes up so much less space on the shelves! A few good ones missing: Husbands and Wives and arguably Deconstructing Harry. But a perfectly good set for most of us.

Thanks, GA, but I just bought an Oppo and love it. Besides, who wants to hear Woody talk with an English accent? :g

Fair enough, but there are enough R2 must-haves that you could even buy a cheapo region-free DVD player for $100 (or less by now) and use it only for that. I am just dipping my toes into Blue-Ray and will have to ensure that, by hook or crook, the player I buy plays Regions A & B.

Thanks, GA, but I just bought an Oppo and love it. Besides, who wants to hear Woody talk with an English accent? :g

What model Oppo player do you have? Oppo DVD players are likely to be region-selectable by default. Oppo Blu-ray players require a hardware mod for Blu-ray zone-selectability, but I'm not 100% sure if the mod is needed for DVD region-selectability as well, or if that's enabled in the firmware of the Blu players.