what is your most sought after OOP recording?

Jazz Groove

Richard Evans Trio, Home Cookin' on Argo records. No indication in Argo discographies that there's any question as to whether or not it was actually released, and yet, its never shown up anywhere in at least two or three years of searching, while many other "rare" Argo sides have appeared on ebay in the meantime.

I do suspect that it does exist-I got in touch with Evans who now teaches at Berklee and he did say that he recalled a photo session outside a Chicago soul food establishment for the cover photography.

I'm beginning to think my best hope is that it will show up in Europe around 2010 or so, when European copyright law makes it public domain.

Bill Barron - Motivation on Savoy. It has never been reissued on CD and I have been searching for a copy of the LP for a couple of years now. I actually got a copy of the LP on cassette from Barron's widow, Ana, who lives nearby. Unfortunately, the sound quality is not as good as I would have hoped. Its a terrific album nonetheless and one that I would probably be willing to spend a hearty sum to own. Of course since we are talking about it, if there is anyone out there with a good copy of the LP and is willing to either sell it or even burn it on CDR for me I would be foreever grateful. I don't think this is one that is going to be reissued any time soon.

Edited by relyles