Conn, how was organissimo

GregK

Hey Greg,

I went Friday evening and couldn't make it for the Saturday show.

They were terrific as usual. I think the guys felt good and played extra hard for the second and third sets.

As I've mentioned before, I believe that Organissimo plays their own tunes particularly well. They've refined them quite a bit since they recorded their cd. I think their tune, "Jimmy Smith Goes to Washington" will endure.

They played (and I'm going by memory here), "Clap Yo Hands," "Lifewish" "Jimmy Smith Goes to Washington," "Tenderly," "Lee-Ann," a Jimmy Smith tune from Caddy Shack (forgot the name), "Mellow Mood," "Got my Mojo Working," a tune by Ray Charles (forgot the title.), "Dem New York dues," and some other tunes I cannot recall at the moment.

Would really love to hook up with you, Greg, on one of their next dates. They're due at the Firefly on Feb. 6th, I believe. I still have to check the link on their website.

Let me know of your possible availability.

Paul

Back At The Chicken Shack from the record of the same name is what Paul is referring to! :)

We started the night out with Jimmy Smith's "Mellow Mood" from the record "The Further Adventures of Jimmy & Wes".

Saturday night we had fun and unveiled some new tunes that will be on our next record (most likely) including our take of the James Brown thang called "Shape Up Your Bag". We got a great response with that tune and Randy was playing with real FIRE.

We played a lot of tunes on Friday. I don't recall each one. Maybe Joe can help out.

Back At The Chicken Shack from the record of the same name is what Paul is referring to! :)

We started the night out with Jimmy Smith's "Mellow Mood" from the record "The Further Adventures of Jimmy & Wes".

Saturday night we had fun and unveiled some new tunes that will be on our next record (most likely) including our take of the James Brown thang called "Shape Up Your Bag". We got a great response with that tune and Randy was playing with real FIRE.

We played a lot of tunes on Friday. I don't recall each one. Maybe Joe can help out.

Did you play "Lee-Ann" again on Saturday, Jim?