what do you want sprinkled into your grave???

http://www.newser.co...into-grave.html

NEWSER) – Not even death can come between a man and his Doritos. Arch West, the Frito-Lay marketing exec credited with inventing the chip brand, died last week at age 97, reports the AP, and his Oct. 1 graveside service will feature the chips he dreamed up after stumbling upon a San Diego snack shop that was frying up tortilla chips in 1961. His family intends on "tossing Doritos chips in before they put the dirt over the urn," it said in a statement. NPR reminds us that there are now 23 different Doritos flavors available in the US; no word on which ones will grace the grave.

Interesting programme on the radio about this a few days back. The general consensus was that leaving specific instructions about how you want to be sent off or be buried/cremated was essentially a vanity project. Funerals being for the living to grieve and adjust to the loss; the person being dispatched isn't even there. So why make people who are already shattered have to deal with a bunch of specific instructions?

Made sense to me.

Sprinkled, shaken, stirred - it's all the same to me.

But the flip side to that is that if you make your intentions known this saves a lot of wear and tear on those you leave behind at a time that they don't need to be trying to conceive of let alone arrange your funeral.

I agree that anything of an elaborate nature etc. can be narcissistic overkill.

Interesting programme on the radio about this a few days back. The general consensus was that leaving specific instructions about how you want to be sent off or be buried/cremated was essentially a vanity project. Funerals being for the living to grieve and adjust to the loss; the person being dispatched isn't even there. So why make people who are already shattered have to deal with a bunch of specific instructions?

Made sense to me.

makes sense to me, too. love your last line. LOL

Made sense to me.

makes sense to me, too. love your last line. LOL

freshly ground meadowlark--i'll pass, thank you

my only orders are to get me out of Maine. I do not want anything left in this god-forsaken place.

You can do that yourself, right now. I'm not stopping you and none of my friends are stopping you. If you can name the names of folks stopping you, I will see what I can do. Geez!

Get in your friggin' car and drive some direction other than East!