What will be the material chosen for the next Miles Davis Bootleg volu

jazzbo

Sort of disappointed that a thread started about this set was closed. Yes, we are discussing the set here, but this thread is about speculation on other upcoming threads as well. There's a specific thread about the first volume on the board, and this one wasn't closed. I don't get the rationale.

The rationale is simplicity/one-stop-shopping, you name it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so when the set comes out we're supposed to put all comments here? How is that necessarily going to help someone find it. There's a thread for Vol. 1. Just doesn't make sense to me. You're working yourself too hard, imo.

Whatever.

Okay, so when the set comes out we're supposed to put all comments here? How is that necessarily going to help someone find it. There's a thread for Vol. 1. Just doesn't make sense to me. You're working yourself too hard, imo.

Whatever.

OK -- you convinced me. I'll unlock that thread.

On the Hoffman board, poster "Roger Thornhill" presented this interesting post:

On another thread about this when the first one came out I wondered whether they were going to go for 67-69-71-73 as these tend to be the overseas tours which weren't released officially,

The even years were pretty much covered with releases at the time and since

68 - did not tour

70 - Live at the Fillmore East / Black Beauty / At Fillmore / Cellar Door

72 - In Concert

74 - Dark Magus

Larry, If you had this it's likely these:

This is the official Japanese release of part of the Juan-les-Pins concert:

a0c4923f8da0fb7c2bc78010.L.jpg

Here is the most commonly known bootleg of the remainder, says Montreux but that's misdirection:

00161341_medium.jpeg

The Stockholm was part of a collector's cdr tree that circulated in the previous decade. As was the Berlin. Berlin was on bootleg cd as:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.plosin.com/images/covers/Berlin69-3-2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.plosin.com/MilesAhead/Disco.aspx%3Fid%3DBerlin69-3&usg=__4KGMLcq3Rq7yxD5eLBGe29jkNrs=&h=299&w=600&sz=36&hl=en&start=1&zoom=1&tbnid=pRJ-BPAYKhgAFM:&tbnh=67&tbnw=135&ei=ygrNT9HWFITx0gG0qdGQDQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3DMiles%2BDavis%2BBerlin%2B1969%2BSupersonic%2BSS%2B201058%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1

and video as:

Harmonie.jpg

or Hot Chocolate HC-020.

Edited by jazzbo

I still would love to see a four cd box set of the four nights at the Fillmore that made up "Miles Davis at Fillmore." I doubt there's video content to make a DVD, and I know that edited portions were released officially. But this material has been released as bootlegs, and it's probably the chunk of material I'd most like to have in a set like these.

I don't think Berlin was part of that 12 cdr Lost Quintet collectors' tree.

discs 1&2 - Duffy's Rochester

disc 3 - Central Park

discs 4&5 - Rome

disc 6 - Ronnie Scott's London

discs 7&8 - Paris

disc 9 - Copenhagen

discs 10&11 - Stockholm

disc 12 - Rotterdam

I still would love to see a four cd box set of the four nights at the Fillmore that made up "Miles Davis at Fillmore." I doubt there's video content to make a DVD, and I know that edited portions were released officially. But this material has been released as bootlegs, and it's probably the chunk of material I'd most like to have in a set like these.

Absolutely! I've heard some (but not all, alas) of the complete sets and I'd LOVE to get all of it! The sets are short, they'd fit onto 3CDs easily (if one gets torn apart, which would be silly, taking into account how cheap a CD actually is... but the cover art would have to be changed... but then I do hope they change that anyway to add one more slot for the booklet!)

• 2 months later...

I heartily second that emotion! That was a wonderful group, and the brutally edited chunks we have from each of the four nights of that engagement show that they were in top notch form. Corea's and Jarrett's playing always suggests 'Dueling Banjos' to me!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...