Q: Has Konitz's "Live at the Half Note" ever been issued

Bol

...as an LP or LP set?

Would love to find out. I've been really enjoying LP versions of some of Konitz, Tristano, and Marsh's Atlantic sides that I've enjoyed on Mosaic CDs before. For some reason, I don't like the Verve sessions as much. My faves on Verve are "Motion" and "Half Note". Would love to get the latter on vinyl if it can be gotten.

Edited by Bol

Warne Marsh solos from those concerts were released on two LPs: The Art of Improvising 1 & 2. I don't recall the complete tracks being issued on LP. There are Marsh solos on those LPs that are not on the CDs.

If only somebody would release the whole ball of wax.

Really wish Mosaic would do a Konitz-on-Verve set, of which this material would be the cornerstone. I emailed them about it earlier this year but did not get a response back. Many years ago they said they were looking into it.

have been keeping my fingers crossed for a few years now - I remember Mosaic mentioning a possible Konitz Verve set

This is high on my Mosaic wants list

Warne Marsh solos from those concerts were released on two LPs: The Art of Improvising 1 & 2. I don't recall the complete tracks being issued on LP. There are Marsh solos on those LPs that are not on the CDs.

If only somebody would release the whole ball of wax.

This.