Coming to NYC for the NEA Jazz Masters event

I'll be there 1/8 - 1/10.

I'm going to Dizzy's on Sunday 1/8 to Hear Jimmy Owens' Monk Project.

On Monday 1/9 I'll be at At Millesime, in the Carlton Hotel ( Madison and 29th) , where Joe Locke has a APAP showcase (7PM).

On Tuesday 1/10, after dinner with my daughter, it's up for grabs!

Mark Gross is really fine: IGUANA RESTAURANT: 240W 54th St at Bway. 212-399-9457. Free adm. Jan 9: 8pm Vandoren Jam feat Mark Gross Qrt.

Interesting: LUCKY CHENG: 24 1st Av (bet 1st & 2nd Sts). 212-995-5500. www.luckychengsnyc.com. Ev Mon: 8&9:30pm $10 adm Butch Morris Lucky Cheng Orch.

Blurb:

Everything leans toward on the exotic side at the renowned drag queen eatery, so Morris’s vivid abstract improves be a good fit. The conductor leads 20 courageous instrumentalists (lots of strings this time around) through a vocabulary of gestures that puts his ideas into their heads and our ears.

VILLAGE VANGUARD: 178 7th Av S at 11th St. 212-255-4037 1/10-15: Geri Allen, Esperanza Spalding, Terri Lyne Carrington

Ann and I are looking for suggestions of events/club gigs we might attend. All recommendations welcome. Thanks.

If you're looking for food recommendations, tell me what you're interested in...

I can attest to the fact that Pete is a go to guy for food recommendations. My mouth still waters when I think about that place we went to for a pre Vision Festival hang.

Edited by relyles

The Marsalis Brothers and Kenny G (at the Blue Note!!!!!!) will both be in town while you are there. I hope you and NYC survive.

If you go down to the Village, a very charming Italian place is Trattoria Spaghetto, 232 Bleecker St. After the dinner, walk around the block to Rocco's (243 Bleecker) for incredibly delicious cannolis.

Enjoy the trip.