alternate Liberty BN cover? - Bennie Green Walkin' & Talkin&#3

Rooster_Ties

Just saw an actual copy of this in an actual record-store bin last week (they wanted $25), and I couldn't believe Bennie Green had recorded for BN in the late 60's. Looking it up later, I was right, the album is from 1959. Never saw a date on the cover with the alternate design, so needless to say I was confused at the time.

What's up with that? - and were there any other "alternate" Liberty designs in the late 60's (or early 70's) for BN dates from earlier in the label's history? Asking about straight-up reissues of single albums (with the exact same title), and with the exact same track-listings as the original, just with a different cover -- essentially a "repackaging" of an earlier album with a different design.

80496.jpgfront.jpg

Source of the alternate cover.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

I like that cover, and yes, there was a discussion once about an alternative Soul Station cover, presumably issued around the same time. Iirc, the newly conceived photo was of a train station.

I guess there's something to be said for literalism, but give me Walkin' and Talkin' with a hot chick in a short skirt any day!

:g