Any store date on the Feb RVG's

Jerry

What day do they come out? Jazzmatazz just says february.

Donald Byrd - At The Half Note Cafe Vols. 1& 2 - 2 CDs (Blue Note RVG Edition) Feb

Grant Green - Goin' West (Blue Note RVG Edition) Feb

Freddie Hubbard - Ready For Freddie (Blue Note RVG Edition) Feb

Jackie McLean - Right Now (Blue Note RVG Edition) Feb

Duke Pearson - Sweet Honey Bee (Blue Note RVG Edition) Feb

Jimmy Smith - Rockin' the Boat (Blue Note RVG Edition) Feb

• 2 weeks later...

The Feb. RVG titles will be out on March 9th! (February 38th?)

They've added another Byrd title and a Rivers and moved the Jimmy Smith to the next batch.

Here's what I have:

Donald Byrd - At The Half Note Cafe Vols. 1& 2 - 2 CDs (Blue Note RVG Edition) Mar 9

Donald Byrd - Free Form (Blue Note RVG Edition) Mar 9

Grant Green - Goin' West (Blue Note RVG Edition) Mar 9

Freddie Hubbard - Ready For Freddie (Blue Note RVG Edition) Mar 9

Jackie McLean - Right Now (Blue Note RVG Edition) Mar 9

Duke Pearson - Sweet Honey Bee (Blue Note RVG Edition) Mar 9

NEW Sam Rivers - Fucshia Swing Song (Blue Note RVG Edition) Mar 9

So - the Rivers RVG is official, then? Man... Is anyone else as upset about this as I am? I mean, it's wonderful music...can't say enough good things about the music. Granted, I certainly won't lose any sleep over this release, but - really. It's ridiculous. What's the point of releasing this as a Conn and then, only 5 months later, releasing it as an RVG?! The Conn is still readily available!!! :wacko:

Very disappointing, to say the least.

Of course "Fuchsia Swing Song" won't be released as an RVG.

I think you're right, Swinging Swede. It has to be a mistake. Blue Note may be greedy, but I don't think they are THAT greedy.

But if for some reason its correct, anyone who got the Conn in October and plans to upgrade to an RVG needs to get their head checked.

99.999999998% chance the "Fuchsia Swing Song" RVG is a mistake, from some post somebody made somewhere, or some "upcoming releases" that somebody goofed up on.

THERE'S NO CHANCE IN HELL THAT BN WOULD RELEASE A TITLE AS A CONN, AND THEN TURN AROUND AND RE-RELEASE IT AS AN RVG LESS THAN ONE YEAR LATER.

That would make no commercial sense. It's got to be a mistake. What would they do with all those Conns they made. Throw them out? Who would buy one at $15 plus when you could get a RVG for $10 or so. No, it's not logical. Some other Rivers must be coming out. Maybe it's a remaster of Johnny Rivers' Secret Agent Man :lol: .

Hhmmmm. . . I think it's a mistake as well, but I'll be one of those with a hole in the head if it isn't: I'll buy one. I like RVGs much better than McMastered cds, and this session is one that I would like to have in the best sound.

Yeah, but this Connoisseur is McMaster's portfolio piece! It is soooo much better than the Mosaic and completely makes the TOCJ sound like your head's in a pillow. But maybe RVG had some extended tapes of "Downstairs Blues Upstairs" in his attic. :wub:

Hhmmmm. . . I think it's a mistake as well, but I'll be one of those with a hole in the head if it isn't: I'll buy one. I like RVGs much better than McMastered cds, and this session is one that I would like to have in the best sound.

I hope you didn't take any offense to my comment, Jazzbo. I honestly didn't mean any by it. Its just that I'm just still pissed off about BN releasing so many damn versions of "Blue Train". I can just see the corporate honchos in their suits and big offices laughing at people who shell out money whenever a slightly better sounding edition of a CD comes out. What's next, a 48-bit remastered version of Blue Train next year? I will be seriously pissed if Fushia Swing Song comes out as an RVG.....to me, that will be a true sign that Blue Note gives no fuck about their customers and that they will have truely lost all sense of being a "jazz label" for lack of a better word......and they will be right up there in the same league as any other large, shady record company.

Oh heck, I didn't take any offense. Nor have I thought that Blue Note was anything better than most record labels for some time. They're businesses, they'r dealing with the harsh economic reality of our times in their way which I don't think is the best way but I don't make the decisions. I would just rather have the choices in these instances, so I figure if they give me options, I have better choices. . . . I'm going to look for the sliver of silver lining. . . .

To find out, I guess all any one of us has to do is e-mail Michael. Man, I'd love it if this mystery Rivers RVG were Contours. To me, this session has always been Rivers best effort on Blue Note, and (again, to me) contains Freddie Hubbard's best playing from any Blue Note session.

Yes, I hope the addition turns out to be Contours. It's my favorite Rivers album. I actually bought two extra copies of the Mosaic set to give to friends because I thought they should hear Contours. It would be great to have a sonic upgrade though I must be nuts to spend so much on this one album.