Someone ate my copy of Capuchin Swing

Daniel A

"Someone" in this case is my 7 month old daughter. Since she's all over the place now I had thought of moving the lower shelves of my CD collection (the letter 'M' happens to be within her reach) and I had already removed the other McLean and Mobley JRVG:s, but yesterday it turned out that I missed 'Capuchin Swing'. Also, Lee Morgan's Live at the Lighthouse box now looks slightly dissolved.

No big deal, the CD is not affected, just the cover which looks "eaten". It will serve as a nice memory of this exciting phase in her life. I think I might have gotten this from J.A.W. many years ago, and as it happens he is now offering the BN Works version of this title, so maybe I should get that one instead. After all, the JRVG sounds like AM radio. :)

also, deep in forum history (on the verge of turning into mythology by now), there's story about an Andrew Hill Mosaic box that got lost whilst having been in use as a drawing board for kids in the car... or some such :rfr

I remember the story but I didn't remember that that was you! For shame, for shame! :lol:

I've got a few cat scratched LP spines in the Who section from a cat that died over 10 years ago so it's kind of nice to be reminded what a sweet little Attila The Hun she was. It's healthier to love the people & pets more than the music packaging. That said, I have wrapped the Glenn Gould Original Jacket box in protective plastic and am storing it where the current kitty can't get to it. Last year I could see she was eyeing it as a potential scratching post or at least a place to rub her chin.

Edited by Quincy

After all, the JRVG sounds like AM radio.

Wasn't this Fickle Sonance Rather than Capuchin Swing?

Bertrand.

Yes, you're right of course. However, the Capuchin Swing JRVG sounds a bit obtrusive.

Jeff and others - thanks for your ecouragement! My disappointemnet did only last a few seconds and I'm certainly looking at it from the humorous side. What's funny is that she's almost always going for the McLean albums. The the nearby Mobleys are of no interest at all!

also, deep in forum history (on the verge of turning into mythology by now), there's story about an Andrew Hill Mosaic box that got lost whilst having been in use as a drawing board for kids in the car... or some such :rfr

I remember the story but I didn't remember that that was you! For shame, for shame! :lol:

Wasn't me... no kids around here, and my Hill box is in the shelf, where it belongs :)

After all, the JRVG sounds like AM radio.

Wasn't this Fickle Sonance Rather than Capuchin Swing?

Bertrand.

Yes, you're right of course. However, the Capuchin Swing JRVG sounds a bit obtrusive.

Jeff and others - thanks for your ecouragement! My disappointemnet did only last a few seconds and I'm certainly looking at it from the humorous side. What's funny is that she's almost always going for the McLean albums. The the nearby Mobleys are of no interest at all!

Better artwork?

Wait until she grows up a little and starts to assimilate Mobley's subtilities :rolleyes:

Edited by brownie

Wait until she grows up a little and starts to assimilate Mobley's subtilities :rolleyes:

Actually, when I'm playing something on the stereo I try to observe if she takes any notice and how she reacts. Clearly she's responding more to certain music. A few days ago I played the Mingus LP "Let My Children Hear Music" and she was positively excited. I suppose she likes Charles McPherson. :)