MLB 2012 Season

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indians v Twins

Battle for $hittiest team in the AL

Let's Go Indians!!!!!!

THE CROWD AT THE END OF YESTERDAY'S WAS ABOUT 25 PEOPLE. ....COULDN'T BEEN 4,000 THERE AT THE START.

Colby Lewis gets a contract extension for 2013, in spite of getting elbow surgery this year that will keep him out until at least the middle on 2013 & in spite of being a free agent at the end of this year. Loyalty/good faith/whatever rewarded by and for both player and organization, nice to see that.

http://www.lonestarball.com/2012/9/17/3347750/rangers-colby-lewis-agree-on-contract-extension-for-2013#comments

MUCH LIKE THE VAUNTED INDIANS....

After 49ers QB Alex Smith was threatened with a $15,000 NFL fine for wearing a San Francisco Giants hat to a press conference, Giants manager Bruce Bochy wore a 49ers cap while talking to reporters Thursday: "He supports us and we'll support him. We're having fun with this."

Screw the fines.

This is all about the Bay Area and the success both teams have enjoyed.

Kind of grates on me that the local media is saying this is the first baseball postseason DC has seen since 1933, when DC actually had a dynasty in the Negro Leagues, the Grays (splitting time with Pittsburgh) until 1948. A collective decision to forget city history. I am not the only one on the DC baseball talk boards who feels this way, but 1933 seems to be the misinformation that's sticking in the Columbian district.

I haven't had much to say about baseball this season, but I would be remiss if I didn't mention the incredibly hot streak now being authored by Ichiro Suzuki. In his last six games, he's hitting .700 (14 for 20) with three home runs and five stolen bases. Since he joined the Yankees 55 games ago, he's batting .327. I'd call that a pretty nice pick-up considering that Seattle is still paying about 90% of his salary.

Melky...who?

Giants can clinch the NL West with a win tonight.

Melky Mesa!!!

He made his MLB debut yesterday as a pnich runner in the 14th inning yesterday, and on a hit he missed third. He at least had the presence of mind to backtrack and touch third, next guy gets a hit and the Yanks score and win anyway.

Will Baltimore ever lose another extra inning game this season? They're up to(IIRC) 17 in a row.

Melky...who?

Giants can clinch the NL West with a win tonight.

Melky Mesa!!!

He made his MLB debut yesterday as a pnich runner in the 14th inning yesterday, and on a hit he missed third. He at least had the presence of mind to backtrack and touch third, next guy gets a hit...

Actually it was an error by the Oakland first baseman, but since the Rangers seem to be taking a non-working vacation in Seattle, who cares? A's lose, (although they did their damnedest for a while not to.), so who's quibbling?