MLB 2012 Season

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time running ou on the Halos

Time is really running out for the Rangers. Even with a magic number of 3, they have two more against the Angels & three at Oakland to finish the season. Plus, the angels finish with three at Seattle.

The Rangers' arms are starting to look worn out, and after today's game against Seattle, there's no way I'm not looking at Oakland as this year's Team Of Destiny.

Making that magic number is starting to look pretty damn difficult. Oakland ain't losing, and Rangers ain't pitching.

It is not unthinkable that the Rangers fade hard these last five games and don't even make the playoffs. Shit happens, especially in baseball.

And oh btw - Mike Adams is now out indefinitely. So yeah, Angels fans, do not give up hope.

Edited by JSngry

unbelievably,the chisox are taking the pipe.

Tampa Bay is a nasty little team. They'll not lose unless you make them.

joe madden is twice as good of a manager as anyone else.

The Phillies' Ryan Howard is out for the last few games of the season after suffering a broken toe when he dropped a lead pipe that he had used while swinging in the on-deck circle.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Baltimore Orioles Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson says about this year's club: "In all my years with the Orioles, I've never seen a team quite like this."

Os 91st win. JJ 49th save. O's tied w/Yankees for 1st in AL East. 28-9 in 1-run games. 72-0 when lead after 7th :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'm a Yankee fan, but this year's Orioles might just be one of those teams of destiny. Much as I hate to say it, they're enjoyable to watch as they keep playing hard and keep on coming.

1348961065' post='1229150']

1348943203' post='1229096']

Time running ou on the Halos

Time is really running out for the Rangers. Even with a magic number of 3, they have two more against the Angels & three at Oakland to finish the season. Plus, the angels finish with three at Seattle.

The Rangers' arms are starting to look worn out, and after today's game against Seattle, there's no way I'm not looking at Oakland as this year's Team Of Destiny.

Making that magic number is starting to look pretty damn difficult. Oakland ain't losing, and Rangers ain't pitching.

It is not unthinkable that the Rangers fade hard these last five games and don't even make the playoffs. Shit happens, especially in baseball.

And oh btw - Mike Adams is now out indefinitely. So yeah, Angels fans, do not give up hope.

The As have some great young arms and obvious team chemistry. Thought the Angels might gain a game yesterday but the As we're not to be denied. I know everyone talks about Buck Showalter for manager of the year but Bob Melvin has to be in the same conversation.

Baltimore Orioles Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson says about this year's club: "In all my years with the Orioles, I've never seen a team quite like this."

Os 91st win. JJ 49th save. O's tied w/Yankees for 1st in AL East. 28-9 in 1-run games. 72-0 when lead after 7th :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'm a Yankee fan, but this year's Orioles might just be one of those teams of destiny. Much as I hate to say it, they're enjoyable to watch as they keep playing hard and keep on coming.

It's teams like Baltimore and the A's that make baseball, baseball. No one could see those two teams being in the hunt (well, more than being in the hunt) with just a few games left! And both teams are doing it with truly no name, very young starters.

BALTIMORE, EARLY IN THE SEASON, HAD ONE OF THE MOST PATHETIC STARTING PITCHER CASTS I'VE SEEN IN MLB IN YEARS, EACH TIME A TEAM PLAYED BALTIMORE, THEY HAD 2 OR 3 NEW STARTING PITCHERS. WHAT AN IMPLAUSIBLE TALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SADLY, THEIR ATTENDANCE WAS NOT GOOD. THAT TEAM IN DC IS HURTING ATTENDANCE.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Nothing is happening to change my mind about this. Sad. Very, very sad.

Oh well...

Oh well...

For the Rangers to miss the playoffs entirely, the Angels or Rays would have to overtake them. They have a four game lead on the Angels and a four 1/2 game lead on the Rays. One loss by the Angels and the Rangers at least clinch the wild card play-in game. I'm pretty sure they'll play after October 3.

oriole plane makes emergency landing.

link

BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A flight carrying the Baltimore Orioles had to make an emergency landing in Jacksonville, Fla. on Sunday night after a fire on board.

The plane was en route to Tampa where the Orioles are scheduled to play a series with the Rays starting Monday night.

The fire was in the kitchen area.

No worries, Jim.

Rangers are in regardless. One win [or loss by OakTown] and they get the West.

I'm pulling for the O's to beat out the Yankees for the East and the A's to clinch a WC spot.

Looks like my Giants will take on Chop-lanta in the first round. Dodgers are toast unless they sweep the Giants. What I really hope for [and I don't want my guys to lose, but...] is it comes down to Wednesday's game for LA...and the Gigantes usher them out of contention with a blow-out win :g

Edited by GoodSpeak

Me too, I'm thinking it will be one game to decide the AL East in game #163, loser to the wild card.Showalter's teams tend to do well in year three of his managing.

Any chance of the tribe making the post season?

If they buy tickets... :rolleyes:

Homer Bailey is scheduled to start on the last day of the season. I wonder - if the Cardinals are able to clinch the wild card the day before Homer might have the best shot to pull a Johnny Vander Meer...since Johnny did it. A hung over Redbird team with a line up full of scrubs?

The things that aren't in his favor (aside from the staggering odds against throwing 2 no hitters in a row):

1) The Cards & Reds do not like each other so I doubt the Cards would lay low even if they've already clinched.

2) Homer is the 4th starter so if he goes much over 100 pitches I would think Dusty would have to pull him.

3) It's Homer Bailey. He's just as likely to give up 5 hits by the 3rd inning. :lol:

Oh well...

For the Rangers to miss the playoffs entirely, the Angels or Rays would have to overtake them. They have a four game lead on the Angels and a four 1/2 game lead on the Rays. One loss by the Angels and the Rangers at least clinch the wild card play-in game. I'm pretty sure they'll play after October 3.

But not for very long, the way they've been playing lately...

Looks like my Giants will take on Chop-lanta in the first round.....

Wow, have your psychic powers told you the braves will beat the best hitting team in the NL? Ok, Rockies are hitting 2 points higher, but they don't count! I'm talking about the Cards.... That's a load off my mind! I also thought "we" were going to have to face the Nats. Don't tell me who wins, let me be surprised! :)

Quincy, you if no one else will appreciate this. Hunter Pence has 104 RBI's(Well, Goodspeak is probably happy about that fact) in 101 games with the Phils, 59 RBI's. .271 BA. in 57 games with the Giants, 45 RBI's, yet is only hitting .224. How do you do that? He must have gotten some tips from Adam Dunn...