MLB 2012 Season

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In his new book coming out, former Dodgers pitcher Eric Gagne claims that 80% of his teammates took performance enhancing drugs during his time in Los Angeles.

I like Beltre's reaction, which basically is: "Name names and don't hide behind 80%" Which is true, Gagne has put everyone who was on that team under a cloud now. My reaction: *Yawn* Does anyone care anymore?

Edited by Matthew

In his new book coming out, former Dodgers pitcher Eric Gagne claims that 80% of his teammates took performance enhancing drugs during his time in Los Angeles.

That's just his way of justifying what he did, not to mention that how can you dispute the claim unless names are disclosed and users confirmed. Any denial by any member of that team would be viewed as "yeah, he's just denying it because we know he did it."

I like Beltre's reaction, which basically is: "Name names and don't hide behind 80%" Which is true, Gagne has put everyone who was on that team under a cloud now. My reaction: *Yawn* Does anyone care anymore?

I took a look at the LA roster for his record breaking save season. If 80% were juiced it wasn't very good juice. :lol:

I took a look at the LA roster for his record breaking save season. If 80% were juiced it wasn't very good juice. :lol:

Eric Gag-me would top the list of that 80%.

Either it wasn't very good juice or the stuff doesn't do what people say it does.

Just sayin' :w

Edited by GoodSpeak

WTF up in Oakland, and if so, for how long?

But....Oakland?!?!? Sustainable?

need a SS.

Yeah?

Yeah...they got one too....the personality challenged(Just like his older bro) Stephen Drew..but I may have been wrong about really needing one, they are really on a roll...Baltimore and the A's are the most unlikely teams to be playing so well coming into September...

Oakland is a bunch of f-in' bulldogs. If it weren't us whose legs they were trying to chew off, I'd be all GO OAKLAND.

But can't do that, not now.

St\ill, them some tough bastards, Oakland is.

WTF up in Oakland, and if so, for how long?

need a SS.

Yeah?

Yeah...they got one too....the personality challenged(Just like his older bro) Stephen Drew..but I may have been wrong about really needing one, they are really on a roll...Baltimore and the A's are the most unlikely teams to be playing so well coming into September...

Oakland is a bunch of f-in' bulldogs. If it weren't us whose legs they were trying to chew off, I'd be all GO OAKLAND.

But can't do that, not now.

St\ill, them some tough bastards, Oakland is.

They have to be.

Next year, anybody good is traded away.

Good to see R.A. Dickey get the 20. Always liked him when he pitched here, nice guy. In the conversation for the NL Cy Young, I'd have to think.

I was at the game yesterday. The fans went nuts. Great come-from -behind win. Too bad Dickey was pulled one strike away from reaching his all-time high strike-outs in a game (14), but he threw a lot of pitches.

Bloomberg reports that through a secret agreement between MLB & former owner Frank McCourt, the L.A. Dodgers would only have to revenue share $84 million from a proposed regional sports network that could earn the team up to $225 million.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-27/l-a-dodgers-secret-tv-deal-with-mlb-fuels-spending-spree.html

"The Los Angeles Dodgers have shot out of bankruptcy and into the ranks of baseball’s biggest spenders, fueled partly by a secret agreement between former owner Frank McCourt and Major League Baseball that may limit the revenue the team is obliged to share with less prosperous clubs.

A settlement ending their 2011 battle in U.S. Bankruptcy Court gives the Dodgers’ new owners a chance to cap income subject to revenue-sharing from a proposed regional sports network at about $84 million a year, according to five people familiar with the confidential “special terms.” With TV sports-rights experts saying the team could get as much as $225 million a year from a network’s rights fees, the Dodgers may enjoy an annual unshared windfall of as much as $141 million.

The “special terms” help explain the Dodgers’ improved finances since emerging from bankruptcy in April by being sold to a group led by Guggenheim Partners for $2.15 billion. That sum was almost twice the record price for a U.S. sports team, and the new owners have been acquiring stars such as infielders Adrian Gonzalez and Hanley Ramirez, committing more than $400 million to multiyear contracts."

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Good to see R.A. Dickey get the 20. Always liked him when he pitched here, nice guy. In the conversation for the NL Cy Young, I'd have to think.

If he's not in strong contention for the Cy Young, something's very wrong, especially considering the team he plays for.

He is the front runner. He's at the top of almost every meaningful statistical category.

I was at the game yesterday. The fans went nuts. Great come-from -behind win. Too bad Dickey was pulled one strike away from reaching his all-time high strike-outs in a game (14), but he threw a lot of pitches.

At the beginning of the 8th he told Terry that if he got in trouble, he should come get him. He's got one more start so could conceivably get 21.

whoa...

and another whoa...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8435649/minnesota-twins-tsuyoshi-nishioka-cut-waiving-salary-buyout

The Minnesota Twins released Tsuyoshi Nishioka on Friday, ending their experiment with the Japanese middle infielder after two rough seasons.The move, which the Twins said came at Nishioka's request and was supported by the club, wasn't much of a surprise. But the way the 28-year-old went out was unique.

Accepting blame for his failure to produce at the plate or play capable defense at shortstop and second base, the Twins said Nishioka waived his right to his $3 million salary for the 2013 season and a $250,000 buyout...

"I would like to thank the Twins organization for helping me fulfill my dream of playing in Major League Baseball," Nishioka said. "I take full responsibility for my performance which was below my own expectations. At this time, I have made the decision that it is time to part ways. I have no regrets and know that only through struggle can a person grow stronger. I appreciate all the support the team and the fans in Minnesota and Rochester have shown me."

whoa...

and another whoa...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8435649/minnesota-twins-tsuyoshi-nishioka-cut-waiving-salary-buyout

The Minnesota Twins released Tsuyoshi Nishioka on Friday, ending their experiment with the Japanese middle infielder after two rough seasons.The move, which the Twins said came at Nishioka's request and was supported by the club, wasn't much of a surprise. But the way the 28-year-old went out was unique.

Accepting blame for his failure to produce at the plate or play capable defense at shortstop and second base, the Twins said Nishioka waived his right to his $3 million salary for the 2013 season and a $250,000 buyout...

"I would like to thank the Twins organization for helping me fulfill my dream of playing in Major League Baseball," Nishioka said. "I take full responsibility for my performance which was below my own expectations. At this time, I have made the decision that it is time to part ways. I have no regrets and know that only through struggle can a person grow stronger. I appreciate all the support the team and the fans in Minnesota and Rochester have shown me."

he was bad, really bad, with a sterling character.

oh no!!!

http://deadspin.com/5947515/homer-bailey-throws-first-reds-no+hitter-since-1988?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Homer Bailey threw this season's seventh no-hitter in shutting down the Pittsburgh Pirates tonight 1-0 in what was the first no-no ever thrown at PNC Park.

Bailey allowed only a walk (another batter reached base on a Scott Rolen error) and struck out ten in the Reds' first no-hitter since Tom Browning pitched a perfect game against the Dodgers in 1988. It was only the third time the Pirates had been no-hit since 1898 and the first since Josh Gibson held them hitless August 14, 1971. [FS Ohio/WLW]

It was only the third time the Pirates had been no-hit since 1898 and the first since Josh Gibson held them hitless August 14, 1971. [FS Ohio/WLW]

I know you're only passing along what was in print but this is a shocking error. It was Bob Fucking Gibson, not Negro League star and Hall of Famer Josh. Damn! Unbelievable!

It was only the third time the Pirates had been no-hit since 1898 and the first since Josh Gibson held them hitless August 14, 1971. [FS Ohio/WLW]

I know you're only passing along what was in print but this is a shocking error. It was Bob Fucking Gibson, not Negro League star and Hall of Famer Josh. Damn! Unbelievable!

i followed the reds closely around that time and honestly don't remember that. thx.