Fluxus Stamp On Inside of LP Jackets

JSngry

Was putting my LP of Cecil's Dark To Themselves back into the jacket when I noticed, for the first time, some kind of postmark looking stamp, just on the inside of the back cover. Upon closer inspection, I saw that it read "CONCERNED WITH INSIGNIFICANCES". Hmmmm....a little websearch shows that this phrase was associated with George Maciunas and the Fluxus movement, but I couldn't find anything about such a stamp being part of the routine...I did find one blog article about an album that also had such a stamp, though: http://thempm.wordpr...nsignificances/ But that's a Ray Agee album, nothing at all like Cecil Taylor.

So...what do y'all know about stamps such as this on the inside of LP jackets, or just the stamp in general? There's a picture of the stamp on that blog post that's exactly the same as the one on my Cecil album.

Edited by JSngry

That stamp is from Dante Carfagna, a dealer in Chicago. He always stamped the inside of his LPs with that. He's a good guy and a little odd (in the best way possible).

Rick Wojick (owner of Dusty Groove) stamped the back of his personal records with a pointing finger before selling them.

Given that someone once told me I deflated the value of many of my LPs by putting my name on them (they often co-habited with a radio library), wouldn't collectors find such Carfagna/Wojick actions devalue those discs?

That stamp is from Dante Carfagna, a dealer in Chicago. He always stamped the inside of his LPs with that. He's a good guy and a little odd (in the best way possible).

Rick Wojick (owner of Dusty Groove) stamped the back of his personal records with a pointing finger before selling them.

Given that someone once told me I deflated the value of many of my LPs by putting my name on them (they often co-habited with a radio library), wouldn't collectors find such Carfagna/Wojick actions devalue those discs?

Discrete enough; I have a few and it doesn't bother me.