Remake of Whatever Happened to Sweet Baby Jane?"

I read that a remake of "whataver happened to sweet baby jane?" is being discussed. The director would be Walter Hill.

Reading the article got me to thinking. What two female actresses would be best for those roles?|

Ideas? Tough call.

Meryl Streep as the psycho Jane? She could pull it off and you know it would be interesting.

Glenn Close? Probably not.

Who'd play Blanche?

I know that she is considered one the beauties/femme fatales of Hollywood (at one time?) but she always gave me the creeps. No doubt she was a tremendously talented actress though.

Maybe it has to do with the roles she played later in her career - like Baby Jane and her part in "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte".

I have since of course seen many of her older B&W films made when she was much younger, and she was marginally attractive (imo). But later in life, I don't think so. All that makeup and those trade mark Betty Davis eyes.

No thanks!

Brrrrrrr!!

I think I'll wait for the Citizen Kane remake.

ooh, can't wait! Color and 3-D will make is so much better! :)

I know that she is considered one the beauties/femme fatales of Hollywood (at one time?) but she always gave me the creeps. No doubt she was a tremendously talented actress though.

Maybe it has to do with the roles she played later in her career - like Baby Jane and her part in "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte".

I have since of course seen many of her older B&W films made when she was much younger, and she was marginally attractive (imo). But later in life, I don't think so. All that makeup and those trade mark Betty Davis eyes.

No thanks!

Brrrrrrr!!

her looks changed quite a bit...check her out(and Joan Blondell) in the early 30's

Annex+-+Davis,+Bette_Joan+Blondell.jpg

I also here that there will be "Ghost" the musical. No one seems to have new ideas anymore...someone must...right?

Edited by BERIGAN