Now reading...

This luscious beauty arrived a while back. Actually, I'm reading and listening to it.
They do such an amazing job on their releases and this is a deluxe version
(70 copies - sold out) compilation showing their variety. The video explains what they do.
Always been completely overwhelmed by their work and this one is right up there with the others.
Their approach to artistic packaging is so in-line with my ideas about
how people's sound-art should be presented that it's such a joy to have these.

Time Released Sound

021502.jpg

021503.jpg

021504.jpg

021505.jpg

Edited by rostasi

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yes, this was Kirby before he created the Fantastic Four for Marvel, and the final third of this series under Kirby was inked by Wally Wood, a great combination. (Kirby and Wood did a newspaper strip together previously). 

I didn't buy these off the rack originally (I was too young) but picked them up in the early 'eighties in reprints because. . . Kirby and Wood. I wasn't collecting comics then but . . .Kirby and Wood caused me to pick them up. I now have the edition pictured.

I just read Tim O'Brien's America Fantastica while on the bus to and from Buffalo.  I liked it a lot, though he has a very sour, jaded take on Americans, particularly those of the MAGA-variety.  (I felt he sometimes was trying to channel Hunter S. Thompson, though this wasn't quite so gonzo.)  Indeed, the book is set in the waning years of the previous president, and COVID does make an appearance at the end.  Everyone in the book, with the possible exception of two characters, is a grifter or an outright thief.   

91K+3nFwyHL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

On 2/16/2024 at 1:17 PM, jazzbo said:

Oh yes, this was Kirby before he created the Fantastic Four for Marvel, and the final third of this series under Kirby was inked by Wally Wood, a great combination. (Kirby and Wood did a newspaper strip together previously). 

I didn't buy these off the rack originally (I was too young) but picked them up in the early 'eighties in reprints because. . . Kirby and Wood. I wasn't collecting comics then but . . .Kirby and Wood caused me to pick them up. I now have the edition pictured.

Lon, I can see that you are a comic book connoisseur!

For many years (decades) I have wanted to read the stories of Black Mask and Dime Detective.

A few years ago, an attorney obtained as payment for services rendered the rights to the Black Mask catalogue.  He re-published many of the stories.  Apparently the sales were good, because now we are seeing the Dime Detective stories re-published as well.

Radio Archives is also re-releasing many pulp magazines as eBooks.

716y810vCvL._SL1360_.jpg

Cool! Those old pulps are fun. I haven't read too much. . . Shadow. . . Doc Savage. . . and quite a bit of fantasy and science fiction . . . all in book form, not pulp mag form. I don't yet do any ebooks.

Edited by jazzbo