Do you read French? Or buy from amazon.fr?

In July I ordered that Martinon / Debussy-Ravel CD set from amazon.fr anyway - it was not supposed to be released til late this month.

This week amazon.fr has been sending mysterious e-mails in French that I can't read because I can't read the language. Can't tell if they've shipped the CDs or if the shipment has been delayed or if evil gargoyles are eating the CDS or what the heck is going on there. Apparently they have not charged my credit card yet.

Do any Organissimo folks read French and are willing to help me figure these things out?

Yes, French is not a black box, language-wise. There should be enough people here who can handle it. If Brownie in the end cannot follow through due to higher circumstances, feel free to send it to me.

But for what you want to know now, try one of those online tools. The results will be some terrible gibberish but at least you should be able to grasp the bare essentials of what it is roughly about at all. Processing details are the same on all amazon sites, from what I can tell (apart from amazon.de, I've dealt with amazon.fr, amazon.co.uk and amazon.com).

But watch out - maybe it is not worth the effort to go to any great lengths with these mails anyhow. Do they specifically mention the item you ordered in these mails? Because if they don't, then beware - amazon.fr are VERY strong on sending publicity mails, mentioning special offers, general discounts or invitiational mails to those who've not bought via them for some time (I've used amazon.fr only occasionally through the years) and at times my mailbox gets loaded with regular invitational mails for a return visit to amazon.fr, etc. I am not bothered enough with that to send them a mail asking them to cut out that nonsense but I don't pay much attention to it either.

Edited by Big Beat Steve

beware - amazon.fr are VERY strong on sending publicity mails, mentioning special offers, general discounts or invitiational mails to those who've not bought via them for some time

True. But if they ever start Amazon Local, like the UK arm, it'll get even worse. I'm waking up every day to 3 or 4 overnight emails offering me deals on nearby dentists or - no kidding - 'etiquette workshops' (The London School of Etiquette, £89, down from £110).

They know their customers' needs, I'll give them that.

beware - amazon.fr are VERY strong on sending publicity mails, mentioning special offers, general discounts or invitiational mails to those who've not bought via them for some time

True. But if they ever start Amazon Local, like the UK arm, it'll get even worse. I'm waking up every day to 3 or 4 overnight emails offering me deals on nearby dentists or - no kidding - 'etiquette workshops' (The London School of Etiquette, £89, down from £110).

They know their customers' needs, I'll give them that.

MY GAWD!! I've never heard of Amazon Local. How do you get onto that by accident? I must be careful not to do it by accident. I shan't do it on purpose, anyway.

MG

PM sent.

Thanks, Brownie. Can't figure out how to find PMs, however.

Click on your name at the top right-hand corner and a drop-down menu will open, then click on "messenger" and you will find the "compose new" button just under your name at the top right-hand corner of that page. Good luck.

Edited by J.A.W.

Copy the messages to Google Translate.

Why don't you try a Translator Google

or: Free Translator

Or just use Chrome for browsing non-English sites. It automatically detects the language a webpage is rendered in, and prompts you to choose whether you want to translate the page or display it in its native language. Much easier than copying and pasting into Google Translate, especially if you're viewing a page with multiple frames.