SFJazz 2013

BFrank

• 2 months later...

IN the Spring 2012 tour they were still performing the Stevie Wonder music, which was the subject of the release from the 2011 recording for season 8. I am not sure whether they had any subsequent tours in 2012 when the group started to perform Corea's music, which they will be performing in their next tour starting in March.

SFJAZZ Opening Night Concert in Your Own Living Room

Posted on January 22, 2013

SFJAZZ’s Grand Opening Night on Wednesday, January 23rd is sold out, but there will be many more concerts this season. The opening night performance will be the first to take place in the new SFJAZZ Center’s Robert N. Miner Auditorium, the first concert hall of its type in the U.S. built specifically for the performance of jazz music and audiences. North Coast Brewing, a strong supporter of the arts, and jazz music in particular, is an Official Sponsor of the SFJAZZ Fest. Local Public Radio station KZYX & Z is broadcasting the opening night concert at 8 pm on January 23. Check out the details of the concert at http://www.kzyx.org and check out the concert line up at http://www.sfjazz.org/events/season1/opening-night

I heard that every seat in the house is no further than 50 feet from the stage. That's amazing. I haven't bought any tickets yet but I look forward to seeing the new space and hear the music of course.

It's been a long time of wanting for this to finally happen. I'm sure Randall is on cloud nine. What a great thing to happen for San Francisco. The city deserves it for all she's done for jazz. If only every city could have such a place. Wouldn't that be something? sigh....