Elmo Resigns From Sesame Street

I'm sad to hear how this story has ended. Granted, I don't know what additional information might surface over time, but so far it seems like Clash's biggest offense is just being gay.

Elmo actor Kevin Clash resigns amid sex allegation

NEW YORK — Longtime Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigned Tuesday from "Sesame Street" amid a second allegation that he sexually abused underage boys.

A lawsuit filed Tuesday in New York by 24-year-old college student Cecil Singleton accuses Clash of engaging in sexual behavior with him over a two-week period while he was underage. Singleton said they met on a gay chat line. At a news conference, Singleton said he had no idea at the time what Clash did for a living.

In its statement, Sesame Workshop said "the controversy surrounding Kevin's personal life has become a distraction that none of us want," leading Clash to conclude "that he can no longer be effective in his job."

"This is a sad day for Sesame Street," the company said.

http://xfinity.comca...=hero_media_bos

15? that's a new one...the lowest I heard was 16. Teenagers aren't as innocent and naïve as they once were believed to be.

There are two, BTW, one sound like he might have it together, the other is the one I referred to as a gold digger. If these encounters actually happened, and they were consensual, what's the big thing?

15? that's a new one...the lowest I heard was 16. Teenagers aren't as innocent and naïve as they once were believed to be.

There are two, BTW, one sound like he might have it together, the other is the one I referred to as a gold digger. If these encounters actually happened, and they were consensual, what's the big thing?

It's statutory rape. People at that age - legally - aren't capable of making informed decisions about stuff like that.