Sob - selling my jazz CD collection

Finally - they have to go - I am saving a few of my much-loved jazz, blues, african and afro-rock and other world music but I am also putting about 1300 of my CDs up for sale on eBay. Starting with the As and Bs - quite a few of Abdullah Ibrahim, Art Blakey, Count Basie.

On eBay my seller name is sashimi-jazz .

Ron Santen

Edited by sashimi-jazz

Thanks for the headsup, but I'm too lazy to look at ebay.

Ya, right....first thing you do when you get up in the morning is check ebay for those elusive jazz titles! :g:g Well, maybe not the first thing but surely right after your cup of tea and the visit to the throne to read the paper!

Edited by jacknife

Thanks for the headsup, but I'm too lazy to look at ebay.

Ya, right....first thing you do when you get up in the morning is check ebay for those elusive jazz titles! :g:g Well, maybe not the first thing but surely right after your cup of tea and the visit to the throne to read the paper!

No more, Knife. I'm a reformed man. B) Haven't bought a thing on ebay all year, though I did hit half.com a couple of times. I've also sold a couple things on half. Been living up to my New Year's resolution regarding a cessation in cd purchases. Got good will power. ^_^

All year? Man, the year just got started :g . They're still tme. I, too, have gotten away from ebay quite a bit. Just don't have the time and they're just too many postings.

I will buy some of the new RVGs in March and will pick up new titles from Blue Note (Conns and such.) I also make a few purchases and trades from other boardmembers, but aside from that, I'm done!

I feel I'm overcoming my addiction. :D

I've been cooling my jazz purchases considerably, too. There's only so much time in the day to listen, and I already have a big backlog of unheard discs. As long as I have a good number of really top-notch discs in a wide variety of styles, I figure that's enough. What's the point of having 100 sound-alike hard bop discs? (Don't answer that ;) ) Plus, I'm running out of shelf space :o

I will buy some of the new RVGs in March and will pick up new titles from Blue Note (Conns and such.) I also make a few purchases and trades from other boardmembers, but aside from that, I'm done!

I feel I'm overcoming my addiction. :D

"I used to smoke marijuana. But I'll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening - or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, midevening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early midafternoon, or perhaps the late-midafternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning. . . . But never at dusk."--Steve Martin ;)

Hehe, the cops should be setting up stakeouts at Tower and Borders--they've been fighting the wrong drugs all this time ;) Seriously, I find when I cut back on my buying/collecting, I can better enjoy just listening to a disc more: you know really "living with it" for a few weeks, replaying it and picking up the nuances, instead of jumping from one new disc to the next to the next.

Seriously, I find when I cut back on my buying/collecting, I can better enjoy just listening to a disc more: you know really "living with it" for a few weeks, replaying it and picking up the nuances, instead of jumping from one new disc to the next to the next.

Truth!

Hehe, the cops should be setting up stakeouts at Tower and Borders--they've been fighting the wrong drugs all this time ;) Seriously, I find when I cut back on my buying/collecting, I can better enjoy just listening to a disc more: you know really "living with it" for a few weeks, replaying it and picking up the nuances, instead of jumping from one new disc to the next to the next.

I also find that when I cut back on my CD-buying that I really enjoy being able to really LISTEN to my collection (which numbers in the thousands) rather than constantly adding to it and having to prioritize the new stuff over the old stuff (which often starts to suffocate me...at which point I find that I need to ignore unheard new material and just listen to what I FEEL like listening to at the moment. This isn't supposed to be WORK after all). But then the monkey jumps on my back again, and I find myself relishing the rush of listening to new material...

Sigh. Is there a 12 step program for CD-addicts?

I will buy some of the new RVGs in March and will pick up new titles from Blue Note (Conns and such.)  I also make a few purchases and trades from other boardmembers, but aside from that, I'm done! 

I feel I'm overcoming my addiction.  :D

"I used to smoke marijuana. But I'll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening - or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, midevening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early midafternoon, or perhaps the late-midafternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning. . . . But never at dusk."--Steve Martin ;)

Yes, I know that there will be some doubters and deniers.

Scoff all you want Ghostie, I know when I've stopped the leak in my ship.

Instead of spending $40-50/week, I am now spending less than that per month. Eventually, the circulation in my pocketbook will be completely cut off. :P