Coltrane "Black Pearls" - Question

Gheorghe

Hello !

On my CD the composer of that tune is "unknown". But the tune sounds so familiar to me, I´m sure I heard it on some other record from about that time, with another title.

I´m not sure, but it might be on a BlueNote album of some BN Artist, maybe Art Blakey or Lee Morgan. Maybe, on a Prestige -Album, anyway something from that period.

Does somebody have an idea, what´s the name of the same tune on other recordings. Since I don´t remember where I heard it before and don´t remember the title, it would be hard for me to listen through all my BN , Prestige, Riverside - albums because I got hundreds of them.....

well I don´t have no box, but after I posted that question, the melody came thru my mind with the chord progressions and all, as it usually does if I got some music in my head.

Well, in my head, in my mind it sounds like some Benny Golson stuff, the way it´s composed, and how the chords run.

Maybe it´s under another title on some early Lee Morgan BN stuff, because Golson wrote a lot of stuff for Lee during that time. We´ll see what´s about that tune.....

Thank you !

Well yes, I got that album but haven´t listened to it recently. So I´ll give it a listening again.

Yes, I was sure it must have been on some BN album. I got all 3 Benny Green albums on BN, but must admit I didn´t pay much attention to them after listening 2 or 3 times.

That´s also my problem, right now I don´t have the time for listening.

If its not the tune on tne Bennie Green album, I´ll have to listen to many BN from the 50´s to find the tune. I still believe it could be under another title, and it really has strong relations to the way Benny Golson writes.

Anyway, a really nice tune like many from that period. Not hard to remember, easy to play , just a nice little tune.....