Looking for Nighstand CD Player/Clockradio

Brad

I've got one of these Tivoli radios next to me (it's great and I even got rid of my Terk FM Pro antenna) at work since I rely on my fidelity elsewhere for really listening. Surprised they have not come up with something a bit more to your specs.

If you have a bunch of nightstands this might work though. ;) Still pricey!!

pradcmbo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Cambridge  had a great one that they  discontinued.  Now I see they have a new model but I've never heard it. You can read about  it at hifi.com.

Second the Cambridge Audio rec. Affordable and good.

DON'T BUY BOSE

I can only echo the sentiments already expressed. Bose = Bad. Cambridge and Tivoli (Henry Kloss) = Good. There's also a Boston Acoustics that I have heard fine things about, but haven't heard myself.

• 3 years later...

Bump...

In case anyone's interested, Target is clearing out their Tivoli Audio products in most of their stores, apparently. I had started thinking about buying a small desktop radio for work, and the Model Three (which retails for $199) is being sold for $49.99. I picked one up, and it sounds very good to my ears.

It's not fancy, doesn't have memory, presets, remote or even stereo speakers. But it's solid and looks nice, and sounds good.

M3TPE_main-01.jpg

THey are also clearing out the Tivoli hifi system that includes stereo speakers and a cd player. That normally retails for $400, but is $100 at my local store.

Aggie:

Their online site certainly does not have these prices for their Tivoli Audio products.

Wonder if it is just in your area?

Anybody seen these prices in their West Coast stores?

If so, I'm running down to my local Target ASAP...

..if they are truly "clearance" items, they won't be on their site but marked at such in the store.

m

Aggie:

Their online site certainly does not have these prices for their Tivoli Audio products.

Wonder if it is just in your area?

Anybody seen these prices in their West Coast stores?

If so, I'm running down to my local Target ASAP...

..if they are truly "clearance" items, they won't be on their site but marked at such in the store.

m

Mark's correct - it just appears to be in the stores. There's also been a thread over on the Hoffmann forums about the Tivoli stuff at Target, and others have been commenting about the sales. So I suspect it's in alot of the stores, if not all of them.

If you're interested in one of these, I'd suggest you check out your stores fairly quickly, Jazzkrow - I don't think they'll be around that much longer.

Aggie& anyone else near a Target Store:

I checked EVERY (probably 10) Target stores in the Portland, Or/Vancouver, Wa. area and they had all been sold out of the AM/FM CD Combo player with external speaker that you mentioned was being closed out for $100 at Target. They mentioned they had all been gone for 1-2 weeks.

If anyone out there in Organissimo land has a Target near them that still has this combo model with external stereo speaker at the $100 price , I'd be mighty appreciative if you could pick one up (after you buy yours that is..) and I'd pay the $100 plus shipping cost/tax, etc. (and throw in a CD I can find for you out here (CD Baby is located in Portland) for your time.

But maybe they are all sold out where you live too...?

Thought it might be worth a try.....

-Jeff

Aggie& anyone else near a Target Store:

I checked EVERY (probably 10) Target stores in the Portland, Or/Vancouver, Wa. area and they had all been sold out of the AM/FM CD Combo player with external speaker that you mentioned was being closed out for $100 at Target. They mentioned they had all been gone for 1-2 weeks.

If anyone out there in Organissimo land has a Target near them that still has this combo model with external stereo speaker at the $100 price , I'd be mighty appreciative if you could pick one up (after you buy yours that is..) and I'd pay the $100 plus shipping cost/tax, etc. (and throw in a CD I can find for you out here (CD Baby is located in Portland) for your time.

But maybe they are all sold out where you live too...?

Thought it might be worth a try.....

-Jeff

PM sent.