62-year old model

Here is a woman my age who has been selected to model lingerie.

What do you think? I don't have any problem with the idea that older women get their turn, but I think that this one is unattractive, and I don't want to look at her.

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/american-apparel-older-model-62-year-old-141019000.html

Here is a woman my age who has been selected to model lingerie.

What do you think? I don't have any problem with the idea that older women get their turn, but I think that this one is unattractive, and I don't want to look at her.

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/american-apparel-older-model-62-year-old-141019000.html

There is so much of this that I find offensive - that "older women" "should get their turn", and that "this one is unattractive" and that you don't "want to look at her".

62 is not really old-old, and this woman in no way looks "elderly". She's "getting her turn" at what, being viewed as attractive? Hell, my wide is 64, sill got a twinkle in her eye, still quite feminine in her projection, and still gets hit on (although not by teenagers), and she's not being granted her "turn" by some permission-giver, she's just being who she is - an attractive, vivacious 64 year old woman. It's not about "getting you turn", it's about already having it and not letting it be taken from you by the savants who can only stir "sexy" by triggering Pavlovian reproductve impulses.

As for this model in these ads - it's marketing. The client thinks they have identified a market, and this is how they are going after it. They will either succeed or not. I don't see the point of telling a global forum that you think that Jackie O'Shaunessy is unattractive and that you don't want to "look at her", and then asking us if we think she is unattractive and if we don't want to look at her. The basic premise behind that question seems crude to me, and not crude as in there's a better way to ask it, just crude as in why are you asking it at all?

I'll put it this way - if I knew Ms. O'Shaunessy well enough that we got to that point, I see nothing there that would make me put on the brakes. And since I don't know her, and likely never will know her, well enough to get to that point, hey - it's an advertising campaign and she's a model. And past that...what? Shopping? God forbid.

What's the point in telling a global forum anything?

I don't say this insultingly, but you know as well as everyone else that you are the god esoteric and free-association nonsense. And although I wouldn't have started this thread, I don't see the problem with it.

People post things to start a conversation. And for some reason GA wanted to air his feelings about this model.

I've seen many attractive women in their 60's. This model isn't one of them, but so what?

Gee, Scott, thanks for the fresh perspective. :)

So, let's make this the Official Organissimo Is She Pretty Or Is She Ugly thread.

Post'em here!

And to show the ladies that it's their turn too, here's one of our kind upon whom to render verdict:

lawyer%20in%20white%20briefs%20attorney%

Looks like he wants his junk to be heard, but maybe he needs som assistance to get his message picked up, if you know what I mean. Quite a common predicament!

Morals? This isn't about morals, this is about freedom of the marketplace.

If a sexy album cover is not sexy, I do not ask everybody else do I think this chick looks like a coked out skank? I just accept that at some point somebody thought it would work, and if the result shows up here, then apparently it did.

So if somebody think that this woman can sell lingerie, it's not for me to wonder if she looks like the ageist equivalent of a coked-out skank would be.

Now, if you think for ONE second that I'm going to let some commie ageist radicals disrupt the power of the marketplace by introducing such false imperatives such as age and morals and "beauty", you have severely underestimated by genetic core vales.

Here's Lulu in a swimsuit, age 62. To Sir With Love, STILL!!!

70323036-lulu-swimsuit.jpg

Diane Keaton?!! Not with the enormous (and out of whack with the rest of her) rear-end she's been sporting in recent years.

Pardon?

Are we talking about the same Diane Keaton?

Here she was at the Golden Globes just a few weeks ago. Not bad for 68. And I'm not seeing an enormous anything in these pictures.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/12/diane-keaton-golden-globes-2014-suit-photos_n_4586976.html

If anything she may be a little too thin.

Edited by Scott Dolan

So, subjective ass-perceptions aside - is Dianne Keaton attractive, do we want to look at her, and should she get her turn to model lingerie?

Speak,Internet, SPEAK!

Side note - American Apparel seems to be pushing all kinds of boundaries these days, what with putting glasses on their mannequins. http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/american-apparel-mannequins-added-bush-163000961.html

american_apparel_bush_mannequins.jpg

Diane%2BKeaton3.jpg

diane%20keaton%2023mar12%2007.jpg

Well, Larry doesn't think she is, but based on his reasoning, and considering the photographic evidence of just a few weeks ago, chances are he may need to renew his eyeglass prescription. :D

Don't know when the top photo in Jazzbo's post #15 was taken, but I rest my case. That's some serious below-the-waist baggage. As for the Golden Globes photo, either she's been on a starvation diet or had significant cosmetic surgery or both.