Miles & Gil Promo "Interviews" Disc

JSngry

Found today - MILES DAVIS & GIL EVANS: THE HISTORIC COLLABORATION IN WORDS AND MUSIC (CSK 8751), excerpts from the Miles/Gil box and some pretty lengthy interview segments w/Miles, Gil, Mulligan, Jarrett, Walter Bishop, Jr., Bob Belden, Phill Schapp, Roberta Flack, Frances Davis, etc.

Haven't listened to it yet, and am expecting nothing at all revelatory, just radio-ready soundbites aimed at furthering the Miles Mystique And Resultant Sales, but it seemed like a neat thing for a geek like me to have, so I bought it at regular used prices. I'm just wondering if these promo items were widely (as far as this sort of thing goes) distributed by Sony, or if it's a true rarity (which does not mean it's valuable, I know).

Anybody seen one of these things?

I had one, sold it.

This was also being given away by Columbia to the first 300 people or so who responded with a postcard included in the Davis/Evans seet, you could chose a lithograph of the cover image or a copy of this cd. I went with the lithograph. Probably should have gotten the cd: the lithograph ended up costing me 250 dollars because my wife had it framed to that tune!

Edited by jazzbo

I've got one. Neat disc. Most of the audio "interview" clips are from "The Miles Davis Project" - which was an 8-hour long Miles radio-only documentary that was broadcast back around 1992 (plus or minus, I forget the exact year).

Still, a pretty nice item. I think I got mine on eBay for about $8, $10 tops.

I have promo samplers from most of the box sets, but didn't know about this one. But I do recall that postcard from the box. I didn't detach mine though.

I have promo samplers from:

The Columbia Years

Miles/Gil box

2nd Quintet box

Bitches Brew singles

Miles/Trane box

Plugged Nickel-Sampler, not Highlights disc

I think that's all...