What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

• Replies 21.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Referentzhunter said:

I have a question for you. Is it possible o buy from Amazon.uk as Dutchman and how ? Thinking of buying the Scriabin cd Denon.

If you are registered with Amazon you can buy from each "local" platform .... in case of the Scriabin the seller is from Japan means you pay only for his shipping cost (and are not charged with any UK related additional "Brexit" custom cost) .....

2 minutes ago, soulpope said:

If you are registered with Amazon you can buy from each "local" platform .... in case of the Scriabin the seller is from Japan means you pay only for his shipping cost (and are not charged with any UK related additional "Brexit" custom cost) .....

i can't buy from other Amaznon''s than .DE. Message: can't ship to your country etc. every time.

3 minutes ago, Referentzhunter said:

i can't buy from other Amaznon''s than .DE. Message: can't ship to your country etc. every time.

If in doubt, contact the seller or check the fine print to see if that particular seller does ship abroad. Many do. Apart from amazon.de (obviously), I've ordered from resellers on amazon.com and amazon.co.uk (not often but occasionally), and this obviously in cases where the respective reseller had NOT listed that particular item at that price on "my" amazon 8i.e.the UK or USA offer was quite a bit beter than what was listed on amazon.de). It did work.

5 hours ago, Big Beat Steve said:

If in doubt, contact the seller or check the fine print to see if that particular seller does ship abroad. Many do. Apart from amazon.de (obviously), I've ordered from resellers on amazon.com and amazon.co.uk (not often but occasionally), and this obviously in cases where the respective reseller had NOT listed that particular item at that price on "my" amazon 8i.e.the UK or USA offer was quite a bit beter than what was listed on amazon.de). It did work.

How about the payment in those cases after contacting the seller. Bank ? I don't have a creditcard.

5 minutes ago, Referentzhunter said:

How about the payment in those cases after contacting the seller. Bank ? I don't have a creditcard.

Now I`m a bit puzzled as my Amazon and/or Amazon reseller transactions were based on credit card so never thought about bank transfer payment .... probably ask the seller if bank transfer is an option .... or hope another board member can enlighten us/help here ....

1 minute ago, soulpope said:

Now I`m a bit puzzled as my Amazon and/or Amazon reseller transactions were based on credit card so never thought about bank transfer payment .... probably ask the seller if bank transfer is an option .... or hope another board member can enlighten us/help here ....

yes, i hope someone can clear this. I can ask, you are right about that. Thanks for your attention and help. Bye the way found both Sofronitsky's Scriabin (Japan) releases on ebay. They are coming and i am looking forward to it...

Just now, Referentzhunter said:

yes, i hope someone can clear this. I can ask, you are right about that. Thanks for your attention and help. Bye the way found both Sofronitsky's Scriabin (Japan) releases on ebay. They are coming and i am looking forward to it...

:tupCongrats:tup .... this is outstanding music and I`m positive will reward your efforts ...

@Referentzhunter: Well, of course I did not imagine we were talking about trying to make payment without a credit card. I realize doing this wihtout a CC will cause problems.  I have my CC on file there and it is good for all amazon sites I've used. I'd never have imagined anything else (Paypal in the end is a CC payment scheme too), including bank transfers (outside the SEPA area bank fees are likely to be prohibitive - now more than ever before, I am afraid), and don't even get me started on bizarreries such als "personal checks" or "cashier's checks" long outdated anywhere in Europe, particularly for cross-border payments.

Started my way through this box in the afternoon

71ZXh7Cou4L._SL1000_.jpg

Everyone seriously interested in J.S. Bach should know his second cousin Walther, who was an important influence when both worked at the Weimar court. Bach considered Walther's chorale settings as being better than his own! Simone Stella plays very good, as always.

Edited by mikeweil