Look Who Bought Their First Home!

Save away!

...and did you know that in case of a discrepancy between the amounts in the courtesy box and the legal line of a check, a business is supposed to honor the amount on the legal line, no matter how great or in what direction the discrepancy? So, watch those hastily written checks! OTOH (and you didn't hear it from me, ok?) if you need to stretch the budget for a week or so, this information can be used to your advantage if an observant individual handles your check - put "500.00" in the box and "Five & 00/100" on the line, and the check is LEGALLY written for Five Dollars! If some sharpie catches the discrepancy and cashes the thing for a fin, you can always claim "OOOPS, my bad!", sweet talk your way out of a late fee, and get the money in when you really have it, as long as it's before the end of the month (which is when a typical loan technically goes into default if not brought current). Hey - it's a SYSTEM. There's a loophole for everything. Just don't overdo it, or else the jig's up.

No guarantees though - attention to detail ain't what it used to be, which is really no surprise now, is it...

• 1 month later...

Up for some photos!

Here's the music room. Check out the wall hangings, they came from one of the first Mosaic calendars:

15350_p196860.jpg

And here's yours truly in the leather Lazy Ass recliner in the music room.

15350_p196761.jpg

And the happy couple, smooching over their first very own mailbox:

full_15350_p196762.jpg

Dan,

About those framed album covers, where did you get the prints? I would love to have something like that for my apartment. :tup

Vibes,

Those prints came out of the original Blue Note Cover Art book, the first, full-sized one, not the current miniature one. The binding broke apart, so I figured the best way to salvage it was to buy some do-it-yourself frames. Pretty easy and pretty cheap.