How Many Mosaics That You Own, But NOT Opened Yet

While I don't have any that I haven't opened, the second jewelcase of the J. J. Johnson set and the last disc of the Blue Mitchell are still sealed.  I'll get to them, just no point in rushing just to get them "listened to"...

that last Blue disc is prolly better off sealed.

Aw, c'mon...

There's some great stuff on that last disc!

The irony is that probably some people really don't open their Mosaics in the interest of resale value.

Yeah, I thought about that when I bought my first Mosaic, the Lee Morgan, off the "last chance" list. After I finished with the uncontrollable laughing, I threw the first disc on and enjoyed... B)

The only thing I have that's unopened is disk #5 of the Gerald Wilson set (the one with the pop tunes that most people complain about). I'll get around to it eventually......when I'm in the mood.

Only half of this disc is ultra-cheesy. The other half is pretty decent. Give it a chance sometime.

Oh, yeah. I'll get to it, for sure...............it's just kinda nice having something "on ice" for later on.

Probably over 6. (more than I want to think about)

Waiting for the right mood and enough time. Mildred Bailey is 10 discs. Sarah Vaughan is another big set. Don't know when I'll ever get to Nat King Cole. Bunny Berigan is another 7 discs. Almost in the mood for the Mulligan set.

I'm still trying to get thru the pile of Chronogical CLASSICS I picked up last week.

Also in the middle of watching the Duke Ellington DVD Live at Tivoli Gardens.

Too much music. :lol:

Some people have too much money! :P

Seriously...too damn much money! :P:P

Even more seriously...are you the type that has to listen to every cd in short order, and that is the reason they are still sealed?

If/when you do open Mildred, and Bunny and if you are not that familiar with them, please start with the last discs, and work backwards! If you start with the early Mildred sounding like she is on helium, you won't make it to the good stuff! Just about the best female jazz singer before WWll besides Billie, IMO.....