Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OC00Njg4LmpwZWc.jpeg

Bobby/Billy/Brasil for the fourth time today, Getz/Gilberto calls, Dixieland answers... it's just enjoyable music, those Bossa backgrounds couldn't hurt a fly and I can easily listen to Hackett and Butterfield duetting all day 

3 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I like that album. 

I am listening on stream today for the first time, after hearing about it in the obit thread for her. I like it too.

Now on a stream of this Aussie soul jazz / mod organ record:

Col Nolan & The Soul Syndicate – Whatever It's WorthR-6656000-1423997997-1143.jpg.a8224a338328258df3e0627ca3795464.jpg

A lot of fun. Probably closer to the contents of Nuggets than a Jimmy McGriff record though.

I'm now listening to Lucky Thompson's Illuminations, which pairs two Groove Merchant LPs -- Goodbye Yesterday and I Offer You -- on a single CD.

Earlier, I was listening to Charlie Rouse's Unsung Hero (Columbia).

Edited by HutchFan

NS5qcGVn.jpeg

Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

At the time, the Chico Freeman hype seemed a bit premature, and still does.

But now, decades later, these are really pretty good records overall, and the composing is always good. The rest of the band is on point and consistently dealing. 

Being the weakest player in your own band doesn't mean that you have to stop growing and deepening in both your skill and expression. #justaskcharleslloyd

14 hours ago, jazzbo said:
7d5ad2acbefd120158ab37dd8891f3e069082527
Freddie Hubbard “Red Clay” CTI/King Records Japan cd, RVG remaster

It always was a favourite of mine. I had had the old LP of course and it´s one of the very few albums I did re-buy. Mine is also a reissue from Japonia, since almost all stuff on the back cover is written in Japonese letters, 
But that´s not what interests me, since my only interest is the music itselfs and this is what I might call just a "perfect record". 
It think all kids of my generation where fascinated of the title tune. And I like also many live versions of it.