The All Things Van Morrison Thread

duaneiac

So twice over the last 2 weeks, I had an opportunity to take a long drive with one of my long time "friends".  Part of the responsibility of my job is to be on site at a hospital that is about 45 minutes from where I live.  So I decided  to call upon my old friend for some company on the ride.......

So you guessed it, my old friend is Van Morrison

Two weeks ago, I chose "Poetic Champions Compose" and "Back On Top"

Last week, it was "Born to Sing, No Plan B"  and "The Common One"

All I can say is that after those rides is that we're good.  I might not like his latest record album in its totality, but upon second listen, there are a few tunes that are decent.

Over the years, Van has helped me through some of the many life challenges I have faced over the years - divorce, marital issues, death of a pet, passing of a parent. I even played the "Beauty of Days Gone By" at my fathers funeral two years ago.  He's also provided me hours and hours of enjoyment in happy times.  

One can't hold a grudge

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, duaneiac said:

A fairly positive review of his return-to-live-performing concert:

Van Morrison, Hampton Court Palace, review: a sublime show without a hint of covidiocy

That's good to read, interesting set by the looks of it.  A stunning setting for a concert.

This made me laugh, a lot

" the misleadingly titled Ain’t Gonna Moan No More and stuttering polemic Broken Record). And there was nothing at all from this year’s bitterly grouchy double album Latest Record Project Volume 1, for which we should all be thankful. "